We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
Morning all, hot already here and I’m off for a haircut and blow dry at 11am 🫠
Thanks for the stuffed marrow/bolognaise tips. I think I’ll make that on Saturday 😊
Food today:
B - SW blueberry pancake, apple yog, blueberries - Fibre, 0.5, S
L - sardines in tomato sauce, large salad - P, S
D - SW chicken dhansak (Ultimate Curry book) - have checked SWIPs and it’s still only 0.5 SWIP per portion 👍
Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk
SWIPs - 1 plus Hi fi bar 3 = 4 total
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Morning all, certainly is getting very hot here, dread to think how much hotter it's going to get later. No. plans to go out today thankfully as definitely much cooler indoors than out.
DH has hung out another load of washing (badly!), still at least he's done it. Definitely won't take long to dry!
Today's plan:
B - baked oats, fruit, yoghurt - Fibre; S; F
L - tuna salad - P; S; F
D - pasta bolognaise, HM garlic bread - Fibre2; P; S; FCalcium - milk
Fibre - oats; garlic bread
Swips - none plannedHave a good day everyone and make sure to keep hydrated.
0 -
Afternoon all 😁
Bloody hot!! car was reading 36 at 1pm 😫😫
Maman, full of aches and pains as i am my Mothers daughter 🤣i am mums double and she is riddled with ole Arthur and i am following 😫told her she could have shared between the 5 of us , just not me!
Jelly, hope your friend is ok and you had a few nice days away.
Had to nip up the unit for stuff for orders, OMG!! opened the doors and the heat hit you, good job we didn't have to get much, not been listing stuff from there this week because of the heat!
Food
Lunch free picky plate
Tea i am having……….you guessed it 🤣 a picky plate but having fibre and 2 calcium, 2 sv for onion chutney
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Morning all, feeling really warm already with forecast of over 30 again today! I've got my hand therapy this morning. Hope she can do something with the thumb support brace, or change it, as I've had to put a plaster along the bottom joint of my index finger because it was rubbing and making it sore. It's definitely very uncomfortable!
Today's plan:
B - Weetabix, milk, fruit - Fibre, part calcium, S, F; 6
L - toasted cheese sandwich, pickles - Fibre, calcium; S
D - pork schnitzel, chips, salad - P; S; F; 3.5
Calcium - milk, cheese
Fibre - bread
Swips - Weetabix 6; breadcrumbs 3.5Have a.good day everyone.
0 -
Morning all,
Very warm night! It’s weigh day today. I’m not stopping for group as I’m taking Mum to a NT place. We will have lunch there so I’ll opt for a JP provided they are serving hot food! Will report back later.
Hope you can get something sorted for your hand @joedenise its bad enough being restricted without the support being painful too xCross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Pleased to say I've got new soft brace and can move my thumb without having to take it off - I've just got to be careful not to pick things up using it though! Not allowed to do that for another 6 weeks!!!! I've been given some exercises but just moving the thumb side to side and moving my wrist up and down while supporting it as it's still very weak.
I'm going to be seeing a different hand therapist in future due to the location of today's one not being easy for parking - a good 10 minute walk across a very busy road. Took another 10 minutes to find the place once we got there - obviously wouldn't take that long if we went there again so future appointments will be on Saturdays near a big Tesco and Dobbies!
0 -
That's good about the new brace @joedenise and you'll be able to fit some shopping around the new location too. 👍
Hope you managed to get a JP today @Coxy11 . We went to a NT property yesterday and they were serving them. Yesterday's food was SW friendly and I made us sausage, chips and beans (with onions and mushrooms for Speed) in the evening. DH offered to go for a fish supper but I refused. 😇 I did have some celebratory wine syns though. 😁
We're out at our favourite Italian tonight and I'll have whatever I fancy on the menu and then back on plan tomorrow.
It's 34 degrees here and baking so 🤞 for air con in the restaurant. 🥵
0 -
Evening all 😁
Denise, glad you have a softer brace and new place to go
Bloody hot again today! All those poor people that lost their homes 😢😢
Awful nights sleep again, i am going to try and get an appointment again and see what's happening about this scan! Had a nanny nap this afternoon 🤣
Lunch i forgot pic!
I had 4 ryvita crackerbread , half fibre, boiled eggs, beetroot , tomato and melon, ltlmayo 0.5
Tea bbq chicken, jd seasoning, bbq sauce 0.5
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Did you all just get an alert from the government on your phone? Frightened me to death 🤣🤣
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Yes @bubbs me and DS2 did then DH got his about half an hour later! Very scary noise. Let’s hope people take notice as it’s horrible watching the news right now 😢
Sorry you had a rubbish night - definitely chase up the scan 👍
Glad you got a different support @joedenise hope it helps x
Enjoy the Italian mean @maman thats usually a good SW friendly choice now fresh pasta is free.
I weighed in with a 1.5lb loss today so that’s 6lb over 4 weeks. Happy with that. Will I get a shiny next week?? NT place had JPs so we both had one. I had two cups of tea - we both avoided the cakes! Dinner was Aldi chicken skewer, couscous and salad - 2 SWIPs total. Counting 3 for the mayo in the tuna mayo JP topping.Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
