We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
EDF FreePhase Dynamic Tariff
Comments
-
I was unaware of this. I couldn't find a good source of eligibility criteria, but looks like you would need to use under 1800 kWh per year to qualify. If they'd looked at my July and August usage, where I'd been making good use of air con, I think they might have kicked me off it anyway!
0 -
Yes, they would have looked at current usage on ongoing basis, consumption threshold include free electricity periods.
0 -
I too am considering switching to Static, but the £100 exit fee was/is a stumbling block, but I don't have smartphone, so it seems that I'm excluded from Flextras, so can't access the exit fee waiver…
1 -
I decided to take the plunge. It's now possible to switch via the web and my switch is effective from the start of today, which means I can use some energy for the next hour and this evening without paying 35p/kWh.
Tomorrow's dynamic prices are not better than today's.
1 -
"but I don't have smartphone, so it seems that I'm excluded from Flextras, so can't access the exit fee waiver"…
I replied to EDF Flextras mailout last week mentioning the reason why I am not able to do apps also saying I left Eon Next due to its energy insights being app only.
Would at least give them more feedback if you were to communicate similarly.
0 -
I'm currently in contact with an ongoing enquiry re. gas LSCT (initial reply was from a general CSA, rather than someone from the Freephase 'team', who said there was no such thing!), and intend adding in questions re. Flextras, no smartphone, and in particular, the apparent potential exclusion from the exit fee waiver for Freephase Static, so rest assured, they will receive my feedback too.
1 -
EDF copied Eon Next firstly putting FF static on new customer quote and sign up page, secondly by offering 24M, Freephase Static 24m v4 is first V with exit fee, it is as if EDF put exit fee on in order to add a perceived benefit for Flextras.
1 -
I woudln't put it past them.
Thanks, BTW, until your post, I hadn't even noticed that is was a 24m tariff! It used to be 12m, right?
1 -
"It used to be 12m, right"?
Yes, Eon Nexr were already and still are offering both, disadvantage Eon Next overnight cheap rate is only 2am-5am compared with EDF 11pm-6am.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


