We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The New Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

1…579580581582583585»

Comments

  • NebulaNova
    NebulaNova Posts: 221 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes I just did. Account is closed and I can open a new easy saver, but it's 4.0% which includes a bonus of 1.5% for 6 months.

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks, had found the same and was just coming to post about it. Have applied figuring that I could fund it with £1,000 from the maturity of my Progressive RS on Tuesday (which would have funded RS at 5.25% and up, so minimal loss of interest until Hanley/Scottish mature to fund those.)

    I forgot how much of a pain their application process was (click here to log in and apply, but when you do there’s nowhere to go.) So applied from outside stating existing RS account number. Clicked to fund by FP later and was given reference number, though no email or account showing in app yet.

  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 898 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!

    No it's new customers after the start of the offer date unfortunately. You then have 30 days.

    Cheers

  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Deposit by debit card is the way to go. I made my initial deposit by debit card during account opening, after 3pm yesterday. It appeared in my transactions immediately and dated the 2nd.

    Having checked back today it is showing one day of accrued interest. Therefore it appears that interest on debit card deposits is calculated from the date of the deposit. However I can't find where it specifically states this in the T&Cs.

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Hanley

    Would definitely have done debit card if I'd had the £1,000 available during application, but won't have it until Tuesday and didn't want to risk the account being withdrawn before then.

    Has anyone who didn't use a debit card heard anything/had the account appear online?

  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 2,769 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Hanley

    It doesn't state in any of their literature, but was reported on here about a year ago. Since then I always use debit card for Hanley deposits, including weekends. I use First Direct DC where I have £500 overdraft. I restore the balance when I receive push notification on my phone, so no idle money in this process.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.