We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The New Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

1…576577578579581

Comments

  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 September at 1:47PM

    Cynergy Online Easy Access Account

    Issue 102 - 4.55% AER

    @soulsaver

  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 September at 4:05PM

    Thanks. Interesting that they've put the rate back up to the issue 100 rate. All recent issues include a 2% bonus rate for 12 months.

    The issue 100 available from 11/8/2026 to 16/8/2026 pays 4.55% AER

    The issue 101 available from 17/8/2026 to 27/9/2026 (?) pays 4.15% AER

    The new issue 102 currently available from 17/8/2026 (?) pays 4.55% AER

    I suppose I should open and put £1 in the issue 102 (I've got an existing issue 100) just to avoid a future divergence in rates between the issue 100 and issue 102.

    I came, I saw, I melted
  • janusd
    janusd Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Re: Cynergy - i'll resist the temptation to open 102 as a) I already have Issue 100, b) am not currently using it and from past experience, c) i'm unsure I would trust Cynergy to keep me informed of rate drops on old issues.

  • topyam
    topyam Posts: 503 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Is Cynergy instant? What are people's experiences of it?

  • muchembe
    muchembe Posts: 25 Forumite
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Am I right that nominated account daily online faster payment limits mean that to transfer larger sums means the process has to be this? Day 1 - withdraw everything from old easy access a/c to nominated a/c and do first payment from there to new easy access a/c at max allowed limit, Day 2 - do second payment to new a/c, etc for multiple days until all the funds have reached the new easy access a/c

    Is this kind of multi-day process required every time someone wants to follow the tips on this thread and the main mse article on top-rate paying accounts? If so it seems odd it is not mentioned in the article.

    Sorry if this has been gone over already. I found something on faster payment limits in this thread last month but couldn't see any resolution to that.

  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 September at 9:27PM

    Am I right that nominated account daily online faster payment limits mean that to transfer larger sums means the process has to be this?

    The answer depends on a number of factors including, how much you are moving, which is the nominated account and who is receiving it.

    For instance, there are a number of high street banks such as HSBC and Santander who allow their customers to transfer up to £100,000 pounds online each day by faster payment. Starling allows faster payments of million pounds.

    Some banks like HSBC and Barclays do not charge for CHAPS payments which you can use for transferring large sums, if the receiving bank account accepts them (not all do).

    Then you also have some accounts which may have a per transaction limit but allow multiple transactions a day..

    None of this is here helped by the fact that lists which mention faster payment limits are often incorrect or out of date...

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,353 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    The limits are set by the individual banks/institutions, the pay.uk system limit is £1M per transaction.

    Bank with (eg) Coutts and you can use that upper limit.

    https://www.wearepay.uk/what-we-do/payment-systems/faster-payment-system/transaction-limits/

  • jpsman
    jpsman Posts: 71 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Tesco - do they let you know when they've received your Signature Letter? I sent them mine on the 14th of September and haven't heard anything - or do I just assume they've got it?

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,353 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Sent them a form last week to close an account. Auto acknowledgement email, account closed 2 days later, no notification.

    Might well be that first notification will be the legal stuff arriving by post.

  • J63320
    J63320 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I didn’t get an acknowledgment. I think I read something on this board that said I wouldn’t get one, so after a few days I paid a small amount into my account (Internet Saver) and it let me withdraw some of it, so I assumed everything was OK. No problems since.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.