We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The New Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

1…474475477479480…591

Comments

  • email from Santander:

    "We’re pleased to let you know that we’re extending the term of your Easy Access Saver Limited Edition (Issue 3) so you can continue enjoying a great rate. It was due to mature onto an Everyday Saver with an interest rate of 0.90% AER/gross (variable). We’re giving you a further 12 months in your Easy Access Saver with the same interest rate of 3.00% AER / 2.96% gross (variable). This is currently our best instant access savings rate for balances up to £250,000."

    I only have £1 in it now, but back in 2023 it was one of my highest-interest easy access accounts for a while.

  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 2,137
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Thanks all, wasn't expecting so many answers and financial dating chat on top. I've got a Santander Edge Current account and an Everyday Current account from a while ago (cashback). It doesn't let me open a second one and I don't want to open another current account just to potentially find out after I can't get the second Edge Saver and end up with a current account I won't use and a hard search so I guess I have to keep the one I have.

    Probably best if I focus a bit more on Cahoot 😎

  • p1ston
    p1ston Posts: 101
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

    Go on, do it. This is how to use a good credit score. What have you got to lose but a hard search? If no second saver then just close the second c/a. And if you get a second 4k I'll drop the Lady of the toast like a shot.😂

  • ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 779
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Oh you Fly by Night! 😂

    As an aside, I initiated closure of my Edge Saver on 9th April as rate dropped then, closed on 14th and shiny new one opened.

  • p1ston
    p1ston Posts: 101
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

    That's the way to do it. I seem to have missed my reminder to close the edge saver and only noticed when interest dropped.

    Why won't you open a second one?

  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 2,778
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    This prompted me to check what accounts I currently have running with Santander.

    2 Edge CAs (sole+joint) - opened for eligibility

    2 Edge Savers

    2 Everyday CAs - opened for cash back

    Monthly Saver - I put monthly interest from Edge Savers there.

    EA limited edition issue 3 - opened in Sept 2023. The rate was 5.2% at the time so I used it as my main EA for a few months.

    2% EA - opened in Dec last year for cash back and Amazon voucher.

    Four of these are now useless (except one "Everyday" could be useful for switches).

    Cahoot is a gem, it covers all my EA needs for over 2 years now. The most long standing EA provider I've ever had😎

  • ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 779
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I have every interest drop/maturity date on my calendar, and a reminder a couple of weeks prior. Wonder if I'm a bit OCD? I have to be or I'd forget.

    As to your question, I hardly use the Edge current account as it is, so don't really want another one. I will give it a bit of thought though.

  • intalex
    intalex Posts: 1,207
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    For the West Brom 3-access, in practice, around what time do the funds appear in the current account the next working day if requested before 3pm?

    Also, can I withdraw all but £1 or is there a minimum balance to keep the account open?

    Thanks

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.