We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The New Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area
Comments
-
Of course @EthicsGradient is right. Divide by 1.06 because that's the aer. Sometimes I just don't think.
For the 4k x2 fullers.I suppose all is not lost, we could still achieve the full 6 AER by moving the interest to one of those regular savers at 7% aer monthly
1 -
I acknowledge that I was being flippant, and said so in a later post.
Of course both Edge savers are full, they are earning whateveritis % more than anywhere else.
0 -
-
If you have sole and joint accounts you can have 2 Edge Savers per person. We have 1 sole CA each and 1 joint, which allows 4 Edge Savers.
2 -
Are there other banks you can have multiple current accounts with (to obtain multiple savings accounts)?
I already have 3 Lloyds current accounts (from 15 years+ ago when they had good 4% interest rate)
I already have 2 Edge Savers
In a similar vein by accident this morning I opened a second Nationwide 1 Year Single Access Saver (I forgot I already had one) and it let me open and fund. Might be useful for some to extend the 1 Year rate, not amazingly great at 4.00% AER.
0 -
Yes, it depends on what you do with your monthly interest. I always ignore gross and go by AER, it's a more convenient method for comparing products.
0 -
These are not easy access accounts, so off topic for this thread.
For gilts, you need to look to Investment platforms like ii, HL, IG, AJ Bell etc0 -
True. Except for full accounts that 6% is misleading. I was certain that I'm getting 6% on my full accounts until my son quoted me 5.84 . Then I investigated
0 -
It's only confusing if you don't understand what AER is actually describing. It's not a definition of the rate applying to a particular product, it's a way of comparing disparate products by way of equivalence.
1 -
I absolutely understand what aer is.
Tell me, if you compare this account with another account with no deposit limits which is still 6% aer. Would you say they are equal? remember you're comparing them off some list.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

