Santander Edge Credit Card 2% Cashback

Options
BarGin
BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I've just received and started using my Edge credit card. Is there any way to see a running total of Cashback earned? I've looked in the app and online but can't see anything. I'd like to know when I reach the £15 maximum so I can use my Chase account for the rest of the month.

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,481 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No. You might be able to set a spending alert on £750 spend and achieve the same thing tho?
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 10 March at 1:12PM
    Options
    BarGin said:
    I've just received and started using my Edge credit card. Is there any way to see a running total of Cashback earned? I've looked in the app and online but can't see anything. I'd like to know when I reach the £15 maximum so I can use my Chase account for the rest of the month.
    Hope you are going to ditch after the first year
    Year one with the fee it reduces you gain to 1.6% on the £750
    Year two you then have to spend £1500 to get your £15 minus fee taking the gain down to 0.8% that's only if you spend £1500 
    So stick with Chase in the second year
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    35har1old said:
    BarGin said:
    Year two you then have to spend £1500 to get your £15 minus fee taking the gain down to 0.8% that's only if you spend £1500 
    That's the plan but surely it's not as bad as that as by paying on a credit card I will be earning interest on the spending money until the monthly payment date.
  • WillPS
    Options
    35har1old said:
    BarGin said:
    Presuming the Chase 1% offer is still going then. 0.8% isn't horrible by any stretch for a Mastercard.

I'm hoping that it'll be possible to reset the clock by closing and reapplying a few months later.
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    WillPS said:
    No. You might be able to set a spending alert on £750 spend and achieve the same thing tho?

Unfortunately not
  • friolento
    Options
    Does anyone know whether they consider payment of a utility bill (gas/leccy) a cash transaction?
  • NameWithheld
    NameWithheld Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    35har1old said:
    BarGin said:
    But with Chase you let go of your money when you spend it. With Edge you can have it earning interest for several weeks before you have to pay off the card. 
  • friolento
    edited 11 March at 5:37PM
    Options
    Anyone had their monthly fee taken and then re-credited? And still got cashback?
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 17 March at 2:22PM
    Options
    WillPS said:
    35har1old said:
    BarGin said:
    Presuming the Chase 1% offer is still going then. 0.8% isn't horrible by any stretch for a Mastercard.

I'm hoping that it'll be possible to reset the clock by closing and reapplying a few months later.
    You only get 0.8% if you spend the £1500
    Spend £500 on Edge £2 back after fee 
    Spend £500 on Chase  £5
  • WillPS
    edited 17 March at 5:59PM
    Options
    35har1old said:
    WillPS said:
    35har1old said:
    BarGin said:

You only get 0.8% if you spend the £1500
    Spend £500 on Edge £2 back after fee 
    Spend £500 on Chase  £5
    Yes, but on the flipside less exclusions with Santander and up to 56 days when you can earn interest on the money instead.

Horses for courses.

Still no sign of this card being added to TCB or Quidco yet, annoyingly. Thinking about it, I suppose there's a chance it won't be since it's exclusive to current account holders...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback