Chase new 1% cash back offer from 1st March 2024

Options

Comments

• razord
    razord Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it me or is it a little confusing (the £500/£1500 references).

I'm fortunate to have the £1500 to ping in and out but I think these could be clearer?
    These are footnotes... you can see 1 relates to "your current offer" in the text, and 2 is the terms of the new offer..
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 February at 9:19PM
    Options
    I think it is rubbish.

As a disabled person that earns MUCH LESS than £1,500 a month

Annoyingly, they told me in the support chat just yesterday that it would be £500 pay in month for my year 2, but today that changed to £1,500 a month.
    And lots got y2 for £500, but not everyone who has to pay in £1500.

Even though my cashback expires 14th April, they want me to pay in £1,500 a month in MARCH so I can get cashback from 14th April to 30th April... that's just 2 weeks... 

I have sent them feeback about this increase. A £1,000 increase is disgusting.
    Companies don't learn how unhappy people are unless they speak up and corporate greed continues, so I always give feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    jak22 said:
    I'm surprised at the positivity towards having to pay in £1500 each and every month just to get cashback and the assumption they won't be looking out for ether the £1500 or 3x£500 being paid back out.
    From Chase's point of view, I would guess their aim is to move people away from using it as a spending/secondary account to using it as their main account with their salary being paid in. Not having online account access would rule that out for me regardless of the perks on offer in case I lost my phone.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is there a way to see what you've had in cash back, say, since the account opened. Or in the last 12 months etc? I thought I'd seen that in there once, but now can't find it anywhere.
    I know I could add up all the spending figures, but would take ages. 
    Click rewards, then see total earned at the top
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • simonsmithsays
    simonsmithsays Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 February at 8:00PM
    Options
    razord said:
    Is it me or is it a little confusing (the £500/£1500 references).

I'm fortunate to have the £1500 to ping in and out but I think these could be clearer?
    These are footnotes... you can see 1 relates to "your current offer" in the text, and 2 is the terms of the new offer..
    I understand that but reread the email

The use of 1&2s (one set in red and one set in green in addition to the set in my last screenshot) could have been made clearer IMO.

Especially when, normally, footnotes are used it's clear (by the size of the reference and footnote being consistent). I certainly can't tell easily which of the three 1s and which of the three 2s are different sizes. Can you?
  • Vulturesquad
    Vulturesquad Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Fastest and easiest way to make this everymonth without spending any money is to send a friend or family payment to a emily member via PayPal and get them to send you the money back same way. No fees and 15quid made in seconds 
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    jak22 said:
    I'm surprised at the positivity towards having to pay in £1500 each and every month just to get cashback and the assumption they won't be looking out for ether the £1500 or 3x£500 being paid back out. The £500 level was OK but this is too much every month for 1%. No-one would join up with those terms but I guess some will be happy to stay however they change things.

Don't think anyone is being positive about it per se, it's just that it's not a big issue. If you don't have that amount to do in one go, do it in 2 or 3
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think it is rubbish.

As a disabled person that earns MUCH LESS than £1,500 a month, I and millions of other disabled people, will be unable to take advantage of cashback now in year 2, due to this £1,000 a month increase.

Annoyingly, they told me in the support chat just yesterday that it would be £500 a month for my year 2, but today that changed to £1,500 a month.

To make it worse, even though my cashback expires 14th April, they want me to pay in £1,500 a month in MARCH so I can get cashback from 14th April to 30th April... that's just 2 weeks... 

I have complained tbh and I think anyone else unhappy should too. A £1,000 increase is disgusting.
    I emailed the CEO and told support too.
    I know it won't magically change anything, but companies need to know that people aren't happy with huge increases like this. Some companies change what they were planning when they get lots of complaints.
    Bad thing is that most people don't complain or they do it online where the company doesn't look, so nothing changes and we just carry on getting ripped off.

Companies don't learn how unhappy people are unless they speak up and corporate greed continues.

When you first got chase, how did you fund it?
  • ccluedo
    ccluedo Posts: 442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fastest and easiest way to make this everymonth without spending any money is to send a friend or family payment to a emily member via PayPal and get them to send you the money back same way. No fees and 15quid made in seconds 
    I've never had cashback for friends and family transactions. 
  • eastcorkram
    eastcorkram Posts: 721 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there a way to see what you've had in cash back, say, since the account opened. Or in the last 12 months etc? I thought I'd seen that in there once, but now can't find it anywhere.
    I know I could add up all the spending figures, but would take ages. 
    Click rewards, then see total earned at the top
    That's great. Thank you. 
    £227 since May 2022. So maybe average of around £10 a month. Was just trying to figure out whether to carry on with it under the new conditions. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback