Chase new 1% cash back offer from 1st March 2024

Options

Comments

• wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    I think it is rubbish.

Bad thing is that most people don't complain or they do it online where the company doesn't look, so nothing changes and we just carry on getting ripped off.

Companies don't learn how unhappy people are unless they speak up and corporate greed continues.
    How exactly are Chase ripping you off here?
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a look and no mention yet of the new limit of £1500. 
  • jak22
    jak22 Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The original attraction could have been the savings account interest rate, but that didn't stay above the others. The card with cashback even with £500 a month was attractive as well. But how much was actually earned over two years, £100 for a £10000 spend? - that's only a couple of Premium Bonds wins.

£1500 is too much and it'll surely get noticed if most of that just gets transferred out every month - all for £5 or so - you can likely save that much just by changing a few items in the weekly shop. There's a chance they'll improve the offer if people don't bother with it.
  • apwood
    apwood Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if I would qualify by receiving £1500 from my partner's Chase account? Terms say it excludes internal transfers but this would be a standing order.
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    jak22 said:
    The original attraction could have been the savings account interest rate, but that didn't stay above the others. The card with cashback even with £500 a month was attractive as well. But how much was actually earned over two years, £100 for a £10000 spend? - that's only a couple of Premium Bonds wins.

£1500 is too much and it'll surely get noticed if most of that just gets transferred out every month - all for £5 or so - you can likely save that much just by changing a few items in the weekly shop. There's a chance they'll improve the offer if people don't bother with it.

It's literally just clicking a few buttons to slosh the cash between accounts. Plenty on here do it for other accounts, noticeably the Halifax reward one. The cashback is on things you're buying anyway, so to try to make some comparison with premium bonds wins is just pointless & irrelevant.
  • apwood
    Options
    To make it worse, even though my cashback expires 14th April, they want me to pay in £1,500 a month in MARCH so I can get cashback from 14th April to 30th April... that's just 2 weeks... 

Trying to check this with Chase support - doesn't make sense - what about cashback for 1st to 14th April under the old terms?
  • apwood
    Options
    apwood said:
    To make it worse, even though my cashback expires 14th April, they want me to pay in £1,500 a month in MARCH so I can get cashback from 14th April to 30th April... that's just 2 weeks... 

Trying to check this with Chase support - doesn't make sense - what about cashback for 1st to 14th April under the old terms?
    Just checked with Chase support, since I'm in exactly the same situation. If you pay in £500 during March, you would only qualify for cashback until 14th April, but if you pay in £1500 during March, you would qualify for cashback throughout April.
  • apwood
    Options
    apwood said:
    Does anyone know if I would qualify by receiving £1500 from my partner's Chase account? Terms say it excludes internal transfers but this would be a standing order.
    To answer my own question. Chase support have confirmed that if someone sends £1500 to my Chase account from a different Chase account I would qualify for cashback. 
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Zopa_Trooper Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I have reqd it correctly, there is one good change for me. From 1st March, money going into your savings account will count towards the £1,500. Never used to, I made a complaint about it, pointed out its new money going in and should have counted.
  • samal
    samal Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If money going in and out I wonder what's wil Chase gain. ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback