1789101113»

Comments

• icsys
    icsys Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miller said:
    jak22 said:
    I'm surprised at the positivity towards having to pay in £1500 each and every month just to get cashback and the assumption they won't be looking out for ether the £1500 or 3x£500 being paid back out.
    From Chase's point of view, I would guess their aim is to move people away from using it as a spending/secondary account to using it as their main account with their salary being paid in. Not having online account access would rule that out for me regardless of the perks on offer in case I lost my phone.
    Chase can never be our main account:
    1 - no joint accounts
    2 - no ability to deposit cash
    3 - no ability to deposit cheques
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    icsys said:
    miller said:
    jak22 said:
    I'm surprised at the positivity towards having to pay in £1500 each and every month just to get cashback and the assumption they won't be looking out for ether the £1500 or 3x£500 being paid back out.
    From Chase's point of view, I would guess their aim is to move people away from using it as a spending/secondary account to using it as their main account with their salary being paid in. Not having online account access would rule that out for me regardless of the perks on offer in case I lost my phone.
    1 - no joint accounts
    I think its fair to say that you're not their target market. You might as well add

4 - no branches

It's precisely because they're not a full-feature bank that they can provide other benefits.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,533 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    icsys said:
    miller said:
    jak22 said:
    1 - no joint accounts
    I think its fair to say that you're not their target market. You might as well add

4 - no branches

It's precisely because they're not a full-feature bank that they can provide other benefits.
    They're adding cash deposit support via PayPoint (expect it to be limited and/or carry fees tho, ala Monzo) and I don't think it's that ridiculous to imagine app based cheque support being added. Same goes for Joint Accounts.
    I suspect Post Office support will also be added in time.
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RedImp_2 said:
    Interesting I made a purchase today at a place I’ve fairly regularly spent at and I didn’t get cashback.  Looking at it more closely it mentioned the merchant code not being included.  Now it might be something has changed at the sellers end but did get me wondering if the new ‘everyday’ cashback has a smaller range of categories.
    Same here. I made a payment to a fishing club by PayPal and it was excluded. Got it last year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback