Chase new 1% cash back offer from 1st March 2024

Options

Comments

• RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve literally had one not paid in 2 years.  This was a cattery.  Got same answer as previous poster when queried that the code they were using wasn’t included.  Didn’t say what the code was, i guessed they were using an odd merchant code as a small business as I couldn’t see cattery was excluded.
  • RedImp_2
    Options
    Zerforax said:
    It says you can't transfer between your Chase accounts. Could I move £1500 into my Chase and then that £1500 into my wife's Chase account and it still count?
    Although I also need to transfer £2,000 to Lloyds to avoid the account fee so ideally would do:
    Lloyds --> my Chase --> wife Chase.
    Can always put Lloyds in the middle if I need to but it's a bit of extra faff if I can avoid it.
    Interestingly in the list of what is eligible it specifically says transfers from other banks.  But  elsewhere in the FAQs it only mentions transfers between your own accounts.
    Best thing is to try with a small amount and see if it updates the total transferred in.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sterycop said:
    I haven’t bothered for a while with Chase as they have so many exclusions and I find it easier / more productive/ profitable to spend with a cashback credit card, anyway
    I'll say it again, I've not been excluded from any purchases, not a single one. I've no idea what you guys are trying to smuggle through the system.
    The most annoying one for me is the "healthcare" exclusion means my lunch at work (a hospital) is excluded. There have been a couple more I didn't expect, but nothing major. Then there are the ones I did expect to not work - the big one being my tuition fees. 

It's not an enormous deal, but I use Amex day-to-day and would have just used Chase for the places that don't accept it. I now use my Virgin Atlantic card instead as that's accepted in the same places and has less exclusions for an more-or-less identical rate. I still use Chase abroad (the Virgin card also has no fees in Europe, but I don't know if it earns miles on foreign spend - Chase is good for ATMs too obviously). 
  • tiger70
    tiger70 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    alanwsg said:
    Roof repair and car service are both "manual Labour", so are not a purchase as such, you're not buying a product. 
    I definitely got cashback on my last car service.
    So did I and I'll be doing it again in a couple of weeks time .
  • pennyfarthing66
    pennyfarthing66 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there a way to see what you've had in cash back, say, since the account opened. Or in the last 12 months etc? I thought I'd seen that in there once, but now can't find it anywhere.
    I know I could add up all the spending figures, but would take ages. 
    If you click on Spend - scroll down to Rewards - click on See Activity this will give you a list of all the cashback you have earned.

• Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've decided that stoozing is the way forward for now.

I've two 19 month 0% purchase deals with combined credit of £16,000. I usually spend about £500 a month with Chase which is £9000 over 18 months for £90 cashback.

Over the same period my stoozing should generate approx £330 on the Chase element.

No brainer for me. It's the equivalent of 3.6% cashback.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,166 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My rewards have just been updated to say I’ll need to pay in £1500 pm from 1 May
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone’s worded like mine 

• To qualify this month, you'll need to pay in £1,500 to any of your Chase accounts (excluding transfers between your Chase accounts) by the end of March 2024

• If you qualify in March 2024, you'll earn 1% cashback – up to £15 – on your everyday debit card spending1from 22 April 2024 to the end of the month
    What about any cash back earlier in April?
  • RedImp_2
    Options
    debjay said:
    Is anyone’s worded like mine 
    Huh
    • To qualify this month, you'll need to pay in £1,500 to any of your Chase accounts (excluding transfers between your Chase accounts) by the end of March 2024

• If you qualify in March 2024, you'll earn 1% cashback – up to £15 – on your everyday debit card spending1from 22 April 2024 to the end of the month
    What about any cash back earlier in April?
    I think the date probably refers to the anniversary of opening, mine said 3rd April I think.  I have to assume you get cashback up to that point but seems odd unless every month yours is going to run from 22nd to 21st next month.
  • RedImp_2
    Options
    Interesting I made a purchase today at a place I’ve fairly regularly spent at and I didn’t get cashback.  Looking at it more closely it mentioned the merchant code not being included.  Now it might be something has changed at the sellers end but did get me wondering if the new ‘everyday’ cashback has a smaller range of categories.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure