We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Chase new 1% cash back offer from 1st March 2024

24567…13

Comments

  • No real bother with this I suppose, just means a extra Standing Order i expect .   Whereas the £500 usually stayed in and was used as spending money, £1000 will have to come back out again .   

    With the Club Lloyds £2000 per month 'deposit' needed as well, just means some money will do a round about route on the 1st of each month before landing back into my household account. 
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This cashback offer, version 3, seems to have no end date from what I can see. Need to watch out for it getting pulled or the terms being modified as time goes on.
  • jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    rider22 said:
    jimexbox said:
    You can always transfer in £1500, then straight out again. The question is can I be bothered for 1% cashback anymore. 
    how do you do that ?
    Set up a standing order to pay £1500 to your Chase account. Then set up another standing order to pay all (or some of it) back to your main bank account.

    I mainly use Amex for cashback, but I still use Chase for places which don't accept Amex. Basically I have a standing order which pays £600 in at the beginning of the month, then £500 gets sent back the next day.
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 2,037 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    la531983 said:
    jimroy said:
    Olinda99 said:
    does this mean you will have to xfer £1500 in Feb to get March cashback ?
    Well for me, I’ve already qualified for March as I’ve transferred in £500 this month. But next month it looks like I’ll have to transfer £1500 in. But as jimexbox said, I can always transfer it out again. Bit of a faff and a bit short notice too. 
    It takes about two minutes lol, hardly a hardship.
    @la531983 ... I don't agree with the insult this provoked but I do agree it could be a bit of a faff to 'find' £1,500, probably not an amount just kicking around  :).
  • Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 28 February 2024 at 1:12PM
    yes I understand it could be difficult to find 1500 pounds but she could always do it in say three lots of 500

    500 in - 500 out etc
  • ccluedo
    ccluedo Posts: 735 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February 2024 at 1:24PM
    U  have always needed to spend £1500 to get the max cashback anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point... if u don't have £1500 u won't be concerned about getting the max cashback. 
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ccluedo said:
    U  have always needed to spend £1500 to get the max cashback anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point... if u don't have £1500 u won't be concerned about getting the max cashback. 
    But if you don't have £1500, you won't get any cashback. As Olinda99 says, you can do £500 three times.
  • rider22
    rider22 Posts: 85 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    jbrassy said:
    rider22 said:
    jimexbox said:
    You can always transfer in £1500, then straight out again. The question is can I be bothered for 1% cashback anymore. 
    how do you do that ?
    Set up a standing order to pay £1500 to your Chase account. Then set up another standing order to pay all (or some of it) back to your main bank account.

    I mainly use Amex for cashback, but I still use Chase for places which don't accept Amex. Basically I have a standing order which pays £600 in at the beginning of the month, then £500 gets sent back the next day.
    so if i pay in £1500 in chase and then send it back to my bank account after few days . will it count as £1500 spent and this way chase will give me cashback 1%?
  • Stargunner
    Stargunner Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    rider22 said:
    jbrassy said:
    rider22 said:
    jimexbox said:
    You can always transfer in £1500, then straight out again. The question is can I be bothered for 1% cashback anymore. 
    how do you do that ?
    Set up a standing order to pay £1500 to your Chase account. Then set up another standing order to pay all (or some of it) back to your main bank account.

    I mainly use Amex for cashback, but I still use Chase for places which don't accept Amex. Basically I have a standing order which pays £600 in at the beginning of the month, then £500 gets sent back the next day.
    so if i pay in £1500 in chase and then send it back to my bank account after few days . will it count as £1500 spent and this way chase will give me cashback 1%?
    No it won’t. You need to pay the £1500 in to qualify for the cashback and then you will earn 1% cashback on purchases from your debit card. 


  • rider22 said:
    jbrassy said:
    rider22 said:
    jimexbox said:
    You can always transfer in £1500, then straight out again. The question is can I be bothered for 1% cashback anymore. 
    how do you do that ?
    Set up a standing order to pay £1500 to your Chase account. Then set up another standing order to pay all (or some of it) back to your main bank account.

    I mainly use Amex for cashback, but I still use Chase for places which don't accept Amex. Basically I have a standing order which pays £600 in at the beginning of the month, then £500 gets sent back the next day.
    so if i pay in £1500 in chase and then send it back to my bank account after few days . will it count as £1500 spent and this way chase will give me cashback 1%?
    No.

    The minimum pay-in only triggers the authority to qualify for Cashback for the following month . 

    whatever the minimum pay-in is or was, Cashback was capped at £15 for the month.  

    So whether you put in 500, 1500 and keep it there or take it out, means that the next month you will earn cashback on spending. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.