We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Fuse Energy, anybody with them?
Comments
-
Just a warning about Fuse and their shady payment practice; Despite my annual usage being agreed by them in writing at £1,356, which is £113 per month, they're wanting me to pay £146 per month. Their justification for this is because they want the account to be in credit on the 1st of April next year, even though my contract with them runs to the end of July. They're expecting me to pay almost £400 a year more than I should just so their balance sheet looks better at an arbitrary point in the year. I've logged a complaint with them and all they've done in repeat the same nonsense back to me again. I'll be going to the ombudsman. I'd avoid them like the plague if I were you.
1 -
Despite my annual usage being agreed by them in writing at £1,356, which is £113 per month, they're wanting me to pay £146 per month. Their justification for this is because they want t
You've chosen to pay by fixed monthly DD, not variable DD? It's your choice but fixed DD generally comes with an obligation to keep your account in credit at all times.
Their justification for this is because they want the account to be in credit on the 1st of April next year,
As above, you will need to keep your account in credit. This will mean generally paying more than 1/12th of your annual cost.
I've logged a complaint with them and all they've done in repeat the same nonsense back to me again. I'll be going to the ombudsman.
Ofgem expect suppliers to minimise the amount of consumer debt they carry. The ombudsman is likely to agree with Fuse on this.
The other option is for you to pay a sum into your account upfront, so you start in credi and don't fall below zero in the spring. Would this be more acceptable to you?
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.2 -
Well spotted 🙂 yesterday was my first day on supply with Fuse.
I'd been on Octopus Tracker for gas through good and bad since 2022, but current geopolitics means it seemed time for a fix.
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.2 -
Not just me then!
0 -
Fuse have increased their gas tariffs to 7.29p-8.29p per kWh depending on duration. Rates are for the East Midlands.😬
2 -
Wow that is expensive. I am 5.10 / kWh
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0 -
@missile enjoy it while you can. Wholesale gas prices have doubled since February and don’t look like falling anytime soon.
1 -
Question about changing tariff with Fuse. My current fix with them ends in 25 days, looking in the App, can I change to another Fuse tariff and then select a "Change Date" lets say ONE day before my current tariff ends so I stay on my current tariff until then and change in 25 days, will new tariff units be whatever they were when I selected it, regardless of any future changes between??
OK EDIT: Yes this is how it works, the rates are locked in until the new tariff starts, ALSO, if the unit rates change before the start date, say they go down for eg, you can can just cancel the one you set up and select a new one.
2 -
Some very cheap Gas tariffs currently on offer with Gas standing charge as low as 10p
0 -
Me too. I pay more for Standing Charge on gas & electric than I use kWh.
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


