We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Fuse Energy, anybody with them?
Comments
-
Fuse has lowest standing charge for me when I last checked
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0 -
For my use their 10.91p sc tariff works out £60 pa dearer than the Eon 29.22p sc tariff so you need to do a full comparison on your personal circumstances and not just look at the cheap standing charge. Also their cheapest dual fuel offering would be with different gas and electric tariffs.
And in answer to the thread title - only until next Wednesday ! Gone back to EonNext, elec slightly dearer but gas cheaper, enough to make a big difference if we get a cold winter. At least I will be able to easily work out my gas bill going forward.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Is it correct they will pay £100 each referral credit even if you switch just single fuel? Looking at moving away from octopus tracker to fuse 14m but just for gas?
0 -
I use around 15000 so will definitely save. Signed up to the 12 mth Eon fix with £50 per fuel exit fee (but only on change of supplier so £0 if moving internally) - if rates go down I will change tariff. £200 pa below Oct cap but £350 pa above my ending tariff 😥
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Yes, you get the full £100 referral credit even if switching just Gas. That is exactly what I did - my Electricity is still with Octopus IOG. I have the £100 account credit in my account pending my first bill
0 -
They advertise this as a perk. However they do not honour it if you signed up with a discount e.g. through a comparison web site.
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:0 -
My EON fix is about to end, I made an account with fuse who offered a much cheaper deal of £66 a month but then said they wanted £400 up front!
I am a low user, a homeowner and have lived in the same place for around 16 years, the 400 up front makes me very reluctant to sign up🤔
0 -
Also got the £400 request, no clear reason, CS wouldn't resolve, so didn't proceed. Their SC is low and the £100 credit is a bonus, but when added to the £400 would have covered more than a year's billing.
1 -
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had considered phoning them and seeing if they would negotiate. I might be prepared to go ahead if they would reduce the upfront amount to 200 or less.
Also did you approach them via a switch offer or by making an account directly? I'm wondering if the upfront requirement might differ according to how you sign up?
0 -
Direct. The £400 figure seems standard in posts about this happening.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

