Fuse Energy, anybody with them?

Options
As they were being mentioned on another thread I thought I would take a look and sure enough very cheap SC for electricity and discounted unit rate by the looks of it.

Personally happy with Octopus and our Tracker/Agile seasonal hop-skip-jump but it's always nice to see if the upstairs companies are getting any traction with customers.

Comments

• BellaBlondykeTheThird
    Options
    Thanks yes read that but it's laced with distrust and conspiracy so hope it doesn't send this off track.

This is some months later so really looking for responses from actual customers on how it's going.
  • BellaBlondykeTheThird
    Options
    Always suspect of trust some companies use it after they do a good job send out the link or even offer rewards for a review.

Rather here from the horse's mouth, are you with them Bristol?
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Let's face it, they can't be any worse than BG  :D
  • wwally
    wwally Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 February at 3:01PM
    Options
    I've been with Fuse for 10 weeks. All good so far. I like the fact that I can see how much I am spending each day (knowing that I will have to pay the actual cost one month in arrears).

Just received new rates for 1st April onwards. SC has gone up from 45p to 60p pd, disappointing. The unit rate has gone down from 26.64p/kwh to 23.22p/kwh. I will have to see what the competitors are doing. On the face it looks less good than the price cap reduction. I am a high electricity user.

Update:
    For my Winter usage the new prices are 4.7% below the new cap, 9.9% less than Q1, 
    =============================
    2 properties on rural South Wales farm
    Electric - Fuse Energy £180pm,      PV - EON.Next 4kW
    LPG - AvantiGas 1600 litres pa     Heating Oil 2000 litres pa
    3 wood burners from own woodland
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been with Fuse for 5 months and quite happy with them as direct debits change month to month depending on how much electricity used. I didn't like having to send a photo of my readings every month(no smart meter yet) but got used to it now. They say from April prices should still be £50 less than the price cap.
  • bnabound
    bnabound Posts: 93 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with them for 4 months and have had no issues. I specifically moved to them because of their lower standing charge, which unfortunately they have now increased significantly as of April 1st. As a low energy user, it means I will be paying a lot more per unit despite them lowering the actual electricity price.
    I am going to investigate to see whether switching to anyone but BG would mean lower standing charge. I fear that isn't likely to happen :(
    This whole standing charge farce needs to stop. I hope Martin manages to make a difference, I know he mentioned he's working hard on getting rid of it altogether.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 27 February at 5:25PM
    Options
    bnabound said:
    I've been with them for 4 months and have had no issues. I specifically moved to them because of their lower standing charge, which unfortunately they have now increased significantly as of April 1st. As a low energy user, it means I will be paying a lot more per unit despite them lowering the actual electricity price.
    I am going to investigate to see whether switching to anyone but BG would mean lower standing charge. I fear that isn't likely to happen :(
    This whole standing charge farce needs to stop. I hope Martin manages to make a difference, I know he mentioned he's working hard on getting rid of it altogether.
    Take a look at Outfox The Market 12 month fix no exit fees, significantly lower standing charges for dual fuel, unlike large suppliers have not increased standing charges following April 1st cap announcement.
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 27 February at 5:47PM
    Options
    bnabound said:
    There is no "getting rid of it altogether".

If the (misguided IMO) call to have the SC removed is successful, the suppliers are not going to simply reduce their income. The equivalent costs will just be included in unit prices, and once the market opens up a bit, we'll probably end up with laddered pricing, so the first x kWh will be more expensive. ie. the SC in all but name.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback