We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fuse Energy, anybody with them?

1…1314161819

Comments

  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 303 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I never got the offer and went direct, so took a code off that was posted elsewhere, now I have my own

  • Coistyyy
    Coistyyy Posts: 9 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 September at 3:25PM

    Thinking of changing from E-on Next, my 12m fix expires on 24/10. Currently pay around £68 per month.
    At first glance, Fuse looks to be my cheapest and a fix at 18m, estimated at £72 per month. I'm a relatively low user. West coast of Scotland.

    Through MSE tarrif finder :
    Elec -
    Unit rate 24.35p kWh
    SC 47.98p

    Gas -
    Unit rate 7.53p kWh
    SC 16.78


    Through Fuse website :
    Elec
    Unit 24.75p kWh
    sc 48.78

    Gas -
    Unit 8.18p kWh
    SC 8.78

    Fuse looks to be a bag of mixed reviews unfortunately, so just a bit weary.

  • Lots of people on here are happy with Fuse including myself. Might be worth going through TCB and uSwitch if you go ahead. It's a better deal if they still have the same tariff as MSE.

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,933 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 September at 8:13PM

    For gas, at least, Fuse seems to have four different fixed tariff options at present with varying durations (12m, 15m, 18m and 24m) and rates. Some have low standing charges, others have relatively low unit rates. There's probably something that would suit most people.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
  • Debbie1
    Debbie1 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I switched to them about four months ago and am pretty happy with the fix I got and I like the layout of their app. That said since I've had no problems I've had no reason to contact them so can't comment on their customer service, they also didn't ask me for an upfront payment

  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 4,092 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 8 September at 10:38AM

    I also recently switched to Fuse (Gas only) and it was seamless. I quite like their app too.

    If you do decide to switch, google to find a referral code - there's hundreds out there - and you'll get a £100 account credit (the current referral offers end Sep 18th).

    If you go via a cashback site, you can't then get a referral bonus.

  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I just renewed my 15 month Elec deal with Fuse for another 24 months. SC 46.89 and Kwh 23.62. £50 exit fee.

    My 15 month deal runs out on 07/11 so I delayed the new tariff the maximum I could to the 23rd Oct.

    I'm giving up 2 weeks at 18.5p for 2 years of certainty.

    I think the 18 month deal was almost identical.

    Darren

    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

    Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,933 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Fuse's biggest cheerleader has left the building, so I thought I'd take a look at their current tariffs. I'm with them for gas only, but it's interesting to see how prices have risen.

    I switched to Fuse in mid-August, four weeks ago, on their 18m v5 tariff, 7.41p/kWh and 16.55p/day SC.

    Today the equivalent is September 18m v9, which is 9.16p/kWh and 10.85p/day. For my usage that's an extra ~£10 a month (£53 to £63), almost a 20% increase.

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Wow, that is frightening. Thankyou Trump & Miliband

    Thankfully my gas & Electric are 5.10 & 21.09p/kWh respectively on fixed contracts set to run until 4th February 2027.

    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 10,456 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Fingers crossed that Fuse are run properly and robustly, and we don't lose them (and our tariffs), mid term.

    I assume regulations have been tightened up after the debacles of the past.

    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 3.24% of current retirement "pot" (as at end December 2025)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.