We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

+++ Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a minor miracle if there are any left by bedtime. Extra mature cheddar ones inhaled by my fellow residents today as I had the veg on for bread and roasting a chicken. One egg makes six or seven good sized scones which is plenty when they should be eaten within a few hours to be at their best. You can freeze them and reheat but still not as nice.

MrT have nice cherries for their FnV offer - £1.20 for 200g. Spanish red pacific - very good flavour and texture, I would buy again. 

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,886 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your baking and the cherries sound delicious 😋 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,503 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yum to the baking.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mmmmm, cheese scones are one of the few things that make me curse having to avoid gluten.  There was a cafe where I used to live that put so much cheese on the top they basically would landside and ended up a messy pile of cheesy yum. 
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    At this time of year, I tend to split it between gardening first thing, then a breather, with housework after lunch when the UV levels are too high to work in the garden and then do a bit more late afternoon / evening, depending on who’s cooking! 😉

KK
    As at 15.07.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £249,620 end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £7,045, Interest saved £2,614 to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 30 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 25th July)
    Produce tracker: £120.19 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    mmmmm, cheese scones are one of the few things that make me curse having to avoid gluten.  There was a cafe where I used to live that put so much cheese on the top they basically would landside and ended up a messy pile of cheesy yum. 
    There is an amazing Brazilian cheese muffin that is made with cassava so gluten free ! My neighbour keeps promising me she will show me how to make them - will report back - they are insanely good 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have done some tidying, and the place looks better for it.  The simple act of putting things away is a very lost art in this household!

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Loving the "GreenFly" thread Redo - have subscribed but working through it will take a while. Great name though - I clicked over thinking "Please let her have called it...YAY!"
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills