We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds like an excellent weekend. It doesn’t matter how long the fence takes, you will be proud when it’s done. 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £2000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 6 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I bet your fence will look great when it's done!
    I think the decision to sell your car is a good one seeing that's that you hardly use it and can drive OH's if needs be. Cars are so expensive to run these days - I'm sure you can find better use of the money. 
    Your day out sounded glorious - as usual!😀
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,480 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    When is DH on track to finish work. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    😂😂😂😂when will Dh finish work….the million dollar question Beanie. His boss is currently away for a month in his home country. As far as Dh is aware they haven’t advertised yet…..and he’s told them he’ll stay until they’ve trained someone up 🤷🏻‍♀️ watch this space……
    It’s taken a week but the fencing and decking are finally painted. I relented and let Dh help me or we wouldn’t have had it finished before the weather broke yesterday. We’d had a cracking storm by the looks of the puddles but we were at ds house a few miles away and we left just as the thunder was starting near him and by the look of it, the storm moving over. Thankfully we missed the main event at both our’s and his house and just drove home in normal rain. My neighbour said it came down torrentially though with lots of thunder and lightning. 
    Not a lot other than fence painting seems to have happened here all week…..there was a little trip to the garden centre to claim our free cuppa for May and  quite a few plants happened to squirrel their way home with us on Saturday. My job for today is to plant them out. 
    I went to a friend’s family celebration yesterday which was lovely before we headed over to see ds. 
    My busy week has caught up with me and I’m really tired today The hairdresser came at 11 am and I’d had all sorts of plans to tidy up before she came over……I still have the plans as nothing has been touched and I don’t actually think it will be. A potter, planting out a few plants sounds much more appealing and less taxing. 
    I’m at the hospital tomorrow to try the newly adapted ankle brace here’s hoping it’s  more comfortable than it was  last time. I have a phone consultation with orthopaedic doc next week to discuss how I’m getting on with it. I might jump on the tram and see my brother afterwards as I haven’t been for a couple of months.
    Right nattering on here isn’t getting much done. I don’t need much shopping this week so planning on a very low spend week to balance my weakness for plants 👍 

January spends - £587.58
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We never got the rain or the storms yesterday. It looked to be brewing a good storm at one point but then it just blew over. 

Not a popular opinion but im looking forward to some rain to cool things down in the next few days. Will be nice to have a comfortable sleep for a night or two. It's been too hot in our house again.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,480 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have think DH needs to give them a date. Maybe end July?!  
    Hope you get on ok tomorrow. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 May at 1:40PM
    Options
    Beanie…..I’m sick of suggesting it. Something only he can do. 
    RS the storms were very localised…..at one stage on our way home the ground was dry as if it hadn’t rained, yet there was a puddle virtually acrosss the complete road half a mile further along the road.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,879 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good idea to go down to one car when DH retires. Hope the adapted ankle brace is more comfortable for you 🤞
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck with the ankle brace today!🤞. Hope you get to visit your brother. 
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Your posts have reminded me that I must at some point go and see the doctor about my ankle. It is still not right from when I went over on it about six weeks back now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback