Cross Stitch and Craft Café 2024 - pull up a chair and join us!

Options

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January at 10:08PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Love that this little thread is inspiring folks to pick up long forgotten pieces and new pieces alike! 

Great finish @Charly27 and love the new designs too x Can agree about the calming effect x
    Loving all the crafting @AlwaysAllie - you are on the website forum carousel!!! Kudos to you!
    Stay safe @nmm x

I starting piecing together the back on my crocheted slipover on Wednesday. It's 5 squares across and I joined two rows - only another 4 rows to go although it gets down to 4 squares across at the shoulders. Will hopefully pick it up again over the weekend.

Take care all
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • AlwaysAllie
    AlwaysAllie Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Coxy11 said:

Loving all the crafting @AlwaysAllie - you are on the website forum carousel!!! Kudos to you!

Oh 🤭 how exciting x thanks for letting me know 
    AA
  • AlwaysAllie
    AlwaysAllie Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Easter bunnies on yesterday’s makes……
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,672 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @nannygladys I find things like that all the time! I just found an apple tree that had been delivered two weeks ago in the hallway! (how can you miss a tree) but someone took it in and forgot to tell me! 

@Charly27 that is so pretty! Love it! 
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,672 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @nmm thank you for the advice. 

@Charly27 the retirement x stitch is fab. It looks beautiful. Can I ask where the pattern comes from?
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cross stitch part is complete, now starting the back stitch. I absolutely love this!

Aida and threads are on their way for my next project. It will be a wall hanging for my son, should be a nice quick stitch. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That looks great dal

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @nannygladys I find things like that all the time! I just found an apple tree that had been delivered two weeks ago in the hallway! (how can you miss a tree) but someone took it in and forgot to tell me! 

@Charly27 that is so pretty! Love it! 
    It’s from a book ‘Cross Stitch for the Soul’ by Emma Congdon. I got it in The Works for a fiver a couple of years ago. I got another Cross Stitch for the Earth at the same time and have stitched up a design from there. I like her work. @s@sammy_kaye18
    I’ve nearly finished gridding up ‘A Year in the Life of’. Worth doing whilst I’m waiting for threads and Aida for other projects as I’ll be picking up and putting down this one each month.
    @d@Drawingaline that looks amazing. 

‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • RainbowFriend
    RainbowFriend Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow! LOVE the photos of x-stitch on the go, and progress made - all beautiful.
    KUTGW  (Keep Up The Good Work)! 
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

That's looking great @Drawingaline - hope the BABS isn't too draining!!

I did another row of squares for the slipover at the weekend and may pick this up later tonight. DH has gone to a friends' house for a firepit and beers evening so I'm going to have a nice bath/face pack and watch TV. In exciting news, the framer has texted that the Rudolf sampler is ready. Won't be able to get down for a couple of weeks due to other time pressures unfortunately.

Hope everyone is doing okay
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback