We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Octopus saving sessions

1…250251252253254256»

Comments

  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 14,185 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 October at 12:16PM

    Thursday 1800-1900 all zones 190/MWh 68pts again

    4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy

    CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,096 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Life in the slow lane
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Well that would explain it, although I've never clocked that before - in my points history the dates points have been added are, with one exception, all the same dates I took part in savings sessions - must just be a coincidence

    thanks :)

    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    edited 1 October at 1:39PM

    These savings sesh are all a bit smoke and mirrors for me at least at the moment.

    Had to escalate my complaint today re thumbs down for save sesh on 15/9.

    But I CBA to get into an ongoing wrangling match with 🐙 CS over underpaid happy hour like another forumite had to do on this thread.

    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 6,862 Forumite
    Twentieth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Happy Hour slots are there to book

  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 14,505 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    For the saving sessions they coincide with my Flux export anyway and I've just chosen then to go for a long walk or go to the supermarket.

    I'm up to 1656 Octapoints, 12 sessions, and 4 happy hours to use.

    My one HH used was 5.93kWh, saving £1.52.

    I also converted my Octapoints from the saving sessions to £2.13; I exported my battery for the hour before and then let it import and also ran my immersion heater.

    I'll see how I use the happy hours over this month, but even if I don't, I've still got the Octapoints.

  • MikeyPGT
    MikeyPGT Posts: 622 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've booked two sessions for Sunday and still got 5 in the bank - somehow think I'm not going to use them all (especially as I powered down last night!). I've used 3 since the scheme started …

    Debt Free Wannabe by 1 December 2027

    Satisfied customer of Octopus Agile - past savings on average 33% of standard tarrif

    Deep seated hatred of Scottish Power and all who sail in her - would love to see Ofgem grow a pair and actually do something about it.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,096 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    2 booked for sunday, as up to 6 to use now.

    Life in the slow lane
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,817 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I signed up for yesterday's session then forgot to set a reminder and missed it 😢

    I've booked two sessions for Sunday and still got 5 in the bank

    I've also booked two, and have four banked. How well we do will depend on just how sunny Sunday is!

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.