We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus saving sessions
Comments
-
My average cost on a sun 11:00 to 12:00 is around 5p
4 free session over same time. 69p, 62p, £2.35 & 33p more then happy with that😍As that more than covers my most expensive day in July
Not forgetting the 16 points for every session to get these free hours.
Life in the slow lane0 -
The amount of peak usage I’ve been charged for the happy hour sessions is over £1 more than they credited me. (That’s after taking the standing charge out - purely based on what I’ve been charged for the happy hours usage)
IOG tariff I’m on is circa 7p per kWh 11:30-5:30am -
I used 18xkwh my 1st 2x happy hours (hadn’t gotten hang of it yet) so if I’d simply charged the EV and all the other things I normally load shift to happen during the cheaper TOU tariff I would have paid approx £1.35 which is almost exactly the amount I haven’t been credited for my 1st 2x saving sessions.
Lancashire
PV 5.04kWp SW facing
Solar Battery 6.5 kWh
🐙 Intelligent Go
Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.0 -
Just had a look back e.g. 23/-6/26 they were paid 349p / MWh and paid out 196 points ~ 24.5p or 70% , despite what Greg said last year , Octopus must have lost control of their overheads perhaps.
4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com2 -
Without seeing the exact maths - it looks like you exceeded the Fair Usage cap of 16KWH, so the energy above this cap wouldn't have been credited and charged at usual rate.
4.1. 16 kWh Fair Use Cap: Credited electricity during your selected Weekend Happy Hour is capped at a maximum of 16 kWh. Any consumption exceeding 16kWh during your free Weekend Happy Hour time slot will not be credited to your energy account and will be charged at your standard unit tariff rate.
0 -
no - we used 18kwh across 2x happy hours
Lancashire
PV 5.04kWp SW facing
Solar Battery 6.5 kWh
🐙 Intelligent Go
Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.0 -
Well, I've no idea what's going on… I logged in to the website last night and it had allegedly calculated the last few savings sessions, including yesterday's which I hadn't opted in to (I was out all day with no mobile signal) 🤷🏻♀️
Which is clearly wrong
While the app shows differently (more as I'd expect)
Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the endQuidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur0 -
-
It shows your last one opted in to was the 28th for sure, don't think the payments are logged against the actual dates? Maybe they are someone correct me
1 -
The points are showing in the 'Octopoints history' and the total points balance has increased accordingly (incorrectly)
Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the endQuidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur0 -
The date on the Octoplus points statement is the date the points were awarded not the date the saving session took place. e.g. on my account I earnt 168 pts in a Saving Session on the 22nd Sept, on my Octoplus statement these show as paid on the 29th Sept.
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards







