We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus saving sessions
Comments
-
Mine's okay. I got my usual 16 points.
0 -
Your wish is my command QrizB 1800-1900 aALL ZONES 210/MWh … edit 75 points
Thank you 😁
If it's relevant to anyone remember there are only 5 Sundays left in this scheme so 10 more sessions are the max you can use if you are lucky enough to book 2 sessions each Sunday.
I can see that being important if you're taking part for the Happy Hours; 7.5p for each kWh saved isn't much of a reward. But if you're paid for export anyway then turning 12p/kWh into 19.5p/kWh is a bit of a bonus.
I imagine only ex Nero coffee drinkers will be lucky on the 1st.
THANK YOU for reminding me about the scratchcard; I "won" a Gregg's coffee!
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
Well I have thumbs down and do find it strange - my usage 18-19 is normally minimal so all I do during sessions is just make sure nothing pointless is on like kitchen lights and hope for the best but around that date session I used:
10/9 saved 0.21 UP - used 0.27
11/9 saved 0.21 OK - used 0.20
14/9 saved 0 DOWN - used 0.20
15/9 saved 0 DOWN - used 0.21
16/9 saved 0.20 UP - used 0.15
17/9 saved 0.24 UP - used 0.25kWh
I do have little solar and wonder if it managed to export few Wh that pushed the luvk my way, but who knows.
1 -
You're confused folks 14&15 thumbs down 16th thums up saved 0.49kWh
14/15 I exported 2.9 and 2.9 kWh 16th 2.8 kWh export so equivalent of .1 kWh less saved .
The baseline for all 3 days should be the same i.e. the 10 previous non session weekdays Does not compute.
4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com1 -
Good point, although for those with a battery who can force export, the additional octopoints may make it worth emptying the battery and allowing it to refill from excess solar the following day rather than exporting that excess at SEG rates. All depends on your import/export rates.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.0 -
similar situation here except my area didn’t qualify for 14/9 saving sesh. I’ve complained and they asked me to give them 2 weeks but they seem to think I’m complaining about the cashback from a happy hour as opposed to the saving session being calculated incorrectly.
Lancashire
PV 5.04kWp SW facing
Solar Battery 6.5 kWh
🐙 Intelligent Go
Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


