We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Octopus saving sessions

1…250251252254256

Comments

  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 14,186 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Weds 1800-1900 64 points

    4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy

    CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,876 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Thanks, as always, for the heads up.

    The amounts are getting less and less!

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic

    I’d do it for no points - based on peak rates the happy hour has been well worth it

    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,819 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I'm in for tonight!

    Also, I received an email from Octopus CS regarding my missing day on the 14th. They can't fix it on the dashboard but they've credited me with the missing Octopoints. That'll do nicely.

    (I'm currently sitting on five Happy Hours with two sessions still processing plus tonight, so I suspect I'm not going to be able to use them all in the time available.)

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 6,862 Forumite
    Twentieth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I should have started using mine sooner, I had not realised how many there would be this year.

  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 5,876 Ambassador
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I'm sitting on 4h plus another calculating/outstanding.

    There are 5 weekends remaining, so can potentially use 10h. If I partake in 2 saving sessions per week for the remaining 5 weeks, I can earn another 5h, giving me 10h total to use over the 5 weekends. So I think I've worked that perfectly (I hope!)

    The final week will require savings sessions early in the week in order to credit the free hour before the weekend, so would really need sessions Monday to Wednesday.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic

    I take this back completely - I’ve been credited for my 1st 2x happy hours and they have under credited me by £1. So - if I’d used the energy during the normal low cost rate at night I would have spent about the same. No benefit to me at all.

    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic

    but will you also be credited for your presumably missing 1/2 a happy hour?

    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic

    Paged back to find this - not looking forward to the pain tbh. Easier to cut my losses and not waste time and effort on the happy hours.

    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp SW facing
    Solar Battery 6.5 kWh 
    🐙 Intelligent Go

    Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.