PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Thrifty in my 60's

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    boultdj said:
    One of the best teachers I remember use to throw chalk at us if we were talking, if we kept it up it was then the board eraser thrown at us, and if you still carried on he use to hit the table in front of you with the metre long board ruler. But he was good at teaching us french. 
    Sounds like some of my high school teachers 😁
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,309 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Does anyone use the app 'snoop to help track there finances ?
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 922 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There was a story on tv this morning saying a school in a deprived area had improved their A level results.  I had to laugh and thought to myself they are so deprived they are taking A levels! 😃
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    There was a story on tv this morning saying a school in a deprived area had improved their A level results.  I had to laugh and thought to myself they are so deprived they are taking A levels! 😃
    Its now a requirement for those between 16-18 to be in some form of education if not employment. The unintended consequence is that some may feel pushed into A-levels when there are more suitable training options out there.

The days of churning out 16 year olds to the dole queue are over.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 922 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 January at 11:57AM
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    Its now a requirement for those between 16-18 to be in some form of education if not employment. The unintended consequence is that some may feel pushed into A-levels when there are more suitable training options out there.

The days of churning out 16 year olds to the dole queue are over.
    So it's a way of keeping the dole numbers down.  
  • CapricornLass
    CapricornLass Posts: 678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For them to be adults on the dole queue!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure