PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thrifty in my 60's

Options
Next year I reach 60. I have never been bothered about the other big O birthdays . Being 60 does bother me, for various reasons. 1 My father died when he was 60. 2,It is the decade you retire in 67 for myself.

I am going to start saving and being thrifty, 
Also what did you all do when you were 60. I have arranged to go to see my favourite band with my hubby next year with an overnight stay. I will also arrange a family meal for family and friends on the day.

Benefits of being 60 
discount off food at Iceland on a Tuesday
Not having to pay for prescriptions

I have pension coming in to which will give me more income until retirement. So I shall be putting some of that into savings.

My thriftiness starts now.

I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure