We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

An in-between phase

1…720721722723724726»

Comments

  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,810 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Can you not arrange the meeting?
    (I’m assuming I’m missing something.)

    KK

    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Really it's a miracle any houses are still standing when you hear about how builders operate

  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 670 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Hang on.
    You’re still performing wussy sit-ups?
    You are a woman of steel. (Plus many other super-hero like qualities).

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,415 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    There is zero chance of all relevant parties making themselves available @KajiKita. It's enough of a battle getting anyone to do their basic jobs. Anyway, have chased up again today so hopefully some insight will be gained soon.

    I'm a woman of limpy knee and hip pain today @Slowdown so only some small carpet walks done. Will get back to wussy situps tomorrow, promise. What's happening with the subsidence issues?

    Survey
    Usuals
    Build admin
    Have spent much of the day trying to sign up for a professional accreditation site which apparently cannot cope with the concept of people having worked on more than one job. Why is nothing ever simple.
    Three vinted listings
    Builder has not yet turned up to fix shower. Do you not get an official building qualification if you accidentally show manners or consideration for others? Anyway I am being a zen person and focusing on loftier matters. Though not sorting out the actual loft obvs

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,415 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    October Aims

    Much the same as Septembers' but I did do a reasonable job on September's aims

    Make effort to cook properly and keep up with steps and situps

    Lord please can we get this build stuff adequately completed

    Any monies towards mortgage, Christmas pot, current account, Mum's birthday pot

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,243 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Surely this build stuff will be done soon 🙏🤞

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,415 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Surely @Sun_Addict, surely! 👀😂

    Builders did at least eventually come, don't know why it took two of them but not my concern. Hopefully that at least is sorted, though we did ask main builder to send us an email saying he's inspected it and there's no damp concern so we could show it to any future buyers (really obvious damp patches in our downstairs loo), and he's, as usual, blanking us. I cannot wait for this constant nonsense to be ovvvvvver

  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 670 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Glad to hear the builders sorted out the shower. 🚿

    Carpet walks sound grand to me. As long as you don’t follow our dog’s example and drag muddy footprints everywhere whist doing so! 😏

    On subsidence news. There is none. No phone call. I rang the previous number and got a recording telling me it’s all in hand and if I want to I could call the other previous number. There isn’t one. Hmm. Feels like I’m falling into a rather large rabbit hole. I have stopped stressing about it though. Mr Slowdown doesn’t appear concerned, thinks it’s the drying clay. Maybe. But still needs checking.

    We’ve got builders coming over in the next few weeks to see if we can move our kitchen to the other side of the house. I shall ask them what they think too. After all the PiP Towers shenanigans I’m hyper aware of pitfalls, nonsense gobbledegook, supposed promises and general building bullsh*t. I shall have my list of questions ready. And I won’t be afraid to challenge.

    Anyhow. Here’s hoping you have a thoroughly zen weekend. 😊🪷🕉️

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.