We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

An in-between phase

1…722723724725726728»

Comments

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,428 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Haha cheers chums. @KajiKita we much prefer messages to her coming round but I didn't see her msg until the next day as I've previously muted notifications from her. She is now blocked due to...

    'Sil' came round hammering on the door being aggressive and unhinged, accused me of having contributed nothing to the build, and of not being in contact with Mr PIP's family and said Mr PIP is running out of excuses for me! Mr PIP also thinks her behaviour was utterly bizarre and doesn't mind when I don't join in with family things due to having a literal medical chronic pain condition.

    We're also all baffled as to why she thinks it's any of her business how other adults spend their free time. When I said we're in contact regularly (Mr PIP's mum and I regularly msg back and forth) she called me a liar 😂 I really think she might actually be a narcissist, she cannot imagine that anything could occur that she's not privy to

    Other things dun:

    Half wussy situps
    Steps getting essentials
    Bit of cleaning
    Entered some competitions
    Survey

    As ever, I am declining any bad vibes on a Sunday! 🍻

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,309 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    What an awful piece of work she isnn

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    If the gathering happens I can dust off my didgeridoo?

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 4,811 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I'm shocked that you've allowed your didgeridoo to get dusty 😉

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    SIL sounds like a real treat.

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 13,741 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    And if you put a large gin my way, I could stand on a chair & recite 'The Pobble who has no toes', possibly (depending on size of gin & robustness of chair) followed by a rendition of 'The Wom-pom Song'.

    I have experience of SiL issues.

    F x

    2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
    2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
    Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.