We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
An in-between phase
Comments
-
Hmm well after saying I'm not that stressed we were awake half the night with all the worry and disbelief going round and round in our minds. I do not do well on four hours kip, but:
Steps getting free paper
Usuals
Steps dropping off a vinted sale
Bit of build admin
Shower and hairwash using bargain toiletries
Housework and potted up a planthttps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Euuucchh to the 4 hours of sleep.
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!2 -
Sending hugs x
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 71 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 4th October.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.1 -
It must be very difficult for you but it sounds like sil is not rational or reasonable (I've got one like that too. Mine has been known to resort to fisticuffs when their swearing and shouting doesn't have the desired effect 🥴.)
1 -
I’ve lost sleep over SIL issues in the past. Just mean and genuinely feel for you. That being said, would a class set of recorders or kazoos help? 😉 😂
PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
2 -
I saw there was 32 messages on your thread and I genuinely thought oh s**t the house fell down.
SIL sounds like a right Karen.
ETA: I have access to three small boys if she wants to learn what noise really is 😀
2 -
My SIL’s were dire. One particularly.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]0 -
I just avoid mine as we have absolutely NOTHING in common and I still remember my wedding day assault …
KK
As at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 71 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 4th October.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



