We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Small steps lead to big changes...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Chrystal said:
    Thanks jwil, I'll have a look, but I'm not at all tech savvy! :blush:
    It was fairly straightforward to set up.  Hopefully it will be ok if you decide to go with it.

Good luck with the appointments tomorrow. At least you’re getting them all out of the way. Good news your job looks secure for now although the changes sound unsettling. Why are changes at work never for the better. 
    Thank you :)  I wish I hadn't booked them all over the long weekend, but there never would have been a good time.  I agree that changes are never for the better.  The biggest thing now will be whether I want to stay there afterwards. It's not going to be the same.  I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Good news on the extra poll £.

Hope you get the WM sorted. 

Have a lovely weekend.
    Thank you.  Hope you have a lovely weekend too.  WM seems ok now thankfully!

beanielou said:
    Enjoy your mini break. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    Thank you :)  Enjoy your weekend too.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to all the tests today 🙄  Just checked my email and it's all the usual, height, weight, waist circumference and bloods.  Plus 'maybe' cholesterol.  I got on my scales this morning, and they say I haven't changed but I don't trust them so it will be useful to see what the others say.  I'm guzzling water in the hope that it means they might be able to find my veins.  I don't give up my blood easily!

I'm debating on whether to drive, walk or get the bus.  It's about a 40 minute walk but I don't want to turn up a hot, sweaty mess :D  So I might go for bus and then if it doesn't turn up I'll have time to hop in the car. 

If I don't drive, then I haven't got to guess how much parking I need, and then I can have a mooch around town if I feel like it after.  I do want to go and look and see if I can get a couple of tops, and my trainers are starting to wear through, so I should probably think about replacing them.  I don't want to spend the money though :D  I'm hoping the optician will be fairly straightforward and I don't have to replace my glasses.
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck today. I hate being under the microscope! You will deserve some new tops and trainers after all that! 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• jwil
    Options
    Good luck today. I hate being under the microscope! You will deserve some new tops and trainers after all that! 
    Thank you.  What makes it worse is I volunteered for the health check! :D  I got sent a letter to invite me, and I always like to take part in research so signed up. At least I should get an amazon voucher out of it.
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    jwil said:
    Thank you.  What makes it worse is I volunteered for the health check! :D  I got sent a letter to invite me, and I always like to take part in research so signed up. At least I should get an amazon voucher out of it.
    Oh, no, no, no! No amount of Amazon vouchers would have me volunteering for a health check. Please let me expire quietly on my own 🤣 You are very brave! 
    In trainer news, I got some rocket dog ones in the sale a while ago, which were cheap and pretty. They aren’t supportive exercise trainers though, just knocking around ones. I think the patterned ones are still on sale. 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I loved Rocket Dog but as WW says very very unsupportive. So sadly not for me. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    Options
    jwil said:
    Oh, no, no, no! No amount of Amazon vouchers would have me volunteering for a health check. Please let me expire quietly on my own 🤣 You are very brave! 
    In trainer news, I got some rocket dog ones in the sale a while ago, which were cheap and pretty. They aren’t supportive exercise trainers though, just knocking around ones. I think the patterned ones are still on sale. 
    I love a bit of science, so I can't help myself :D:D  

I've seen Rocket Dog trainers before and they are so pretty but wouldn't work for me sadly :(  
  • jwil
    Options
    beanielou said:
    I loved Rocket Dog but as WW says very very unsupportive. So sadly not for me. 
    Yes, this is why they won't work for me.  My trainers (and feet!) get a lot of pressure from my weight, so I need proper supportive trainers otherwise my knee will hurt again and I'm prone to plantar fasciitis too.
  • jwil
    Options
    My health check was a bit of a disaster 😆  They couldn't get any blood from me (which isn't a surprise really), and they couldn't do my blood pressure as their larger cuff wasn't working, and the smaller one kept popping off my arm.  I gave them my last reading that I'd done at home instead.  I did get my cholesterol done though, so that's something, as I wanted that done at the GP last time I had a blood test and they refused 😡.

I've had my £10 voucher though so that's good!

My eye test went well, though I'm now getting varifocals 😬  I'm not sure about it!  Apparently one eye had changed which probably explained why I was getting headaches behind that eye.  I paid a little extra for a full eye scan seeing as I was concentrating on my health today.  I'm such a sucker :D  But everything was healthy though so that's good.

I bought 3 t-shirts.  Not exactly what I was after but that doesn't seem to exist!  I tried some lightweight trousers on and they were awful!  Everything is so flappy and voluminous!  I think I'm too fussy (and completely unfashionable!).  I also looked at trainers, and couldn't bring myself to spend that much, so will see if I can get something online.  I did buy a pair of the slip on shoes I wear for when I'm not walking any distance.  They are only £12.99 and very comfortable.  

I went in and back on the bus, so didn't have to mess around with parking.  I also treated myself to a halloumi wrap from a street vendor for my lunch, and it was lush!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Varifocals are fantastic. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure