Small steps lead to big changes...

Options
jwil
jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
I thought I'd start a new diary for the new year.  It always feels like time for a nice fresh start, and whilst I don't really make resolutions, it's always nice to have a plan of things I'd like to achieve.

After many, many years of struggling, it feels like my finances are finally on a more even keel, and I have for the first time ever, managed to do an SOA with a largely balanced budget, including a small amount for building an emergency fund.  This is amazing in itself, and I don't take it for granted, particularly in this financial climate.

There's me, DH, little jwil (9) and little miss (7).  We also have a cat (16) and a dog (10).

My diary title reflects the last few years where I have been making changes, but often feeling like I'm achieving little, or even going backwards.  It now seems to have reached a point where everything is starting to fall into place, largely because of those changes I have made.  I want to continue this into other aspects of my life, and remind myself that although I don't always see big results, that eventually things will happen if I stick at it.
"If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney

Comments

• jwil
    edited 2 January 2023 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Debts:
    1. £3500
    2. £4562

Total: £8062

Mortgage - £96,177.49

Savings:
    LISA: £1272.70
    Premium bonds £1025
    Emergency fund: £3.36
  • BalanceBy50
    Options
    Happy New Year and shiny new diary 😊. So much of what you have written really resonates with me & could equally be my life. 

You are such an inspiration! 

Xx
  • jwil
    Options
    Happy New Year and shiny new diary 😊. So much of what you have written really resonates with me & could equally be my life. 

Xx
    Aww thank you :)  Happy New Year to you too.  I think we are secretly twins :D:D 
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Happy New Year and Happy New Diary xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • BalanceBy50
    Options
    jwil said:

Xx
    Aww thank you :)  Happy New Year to you too.  I think we are secretly twins :D:D 
    I think we really are! X
  • jwil
    Options
    Happy New Year and Happy New Diary xx
    Thank you :)

jwil said:

Xx
    I think we really are! X
    :grin: 
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new diary. You have made amazing progress since the beginning of your journey ⭐️
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £900 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 1lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport