We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Original Xbox (Pre-owned) for £19.99

Options

Comments

• Saddako
    Options
    Thanks to the OP, picked up two today in Bristol, one for myself and a friend. The guy who served me was very surprised at the price.

Also, make sure there is a controller with it, there isn't with mine, but if you phone up, they'll give you one free next time you go in :)
  • debtdummy
    Options
    is there a xbox thread anywhere???
    :rotfl: Dont frown because you dont know who is falling in love with your smile!!!!;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club member580!! -
    Lightbulb august 2006[/CENTER
  • theronkinator
    Options
    Look on:
    forums.afterdawn.com

Look in the xbox software duscussion, full guides with pictures in there.
    I've not done this deal, but I got my xbox last novermber from Argos for £50 with 4 games, well I softmodded it yesterday, put a 200GB HDD in it and now its a great media centre, tempted to get another.
  • Kevin23_2
    Options
    I'M ABSOLUTELY LIVID.
    I've just got back from the Huddersfield branch of GAME, i asked about the pre-owned XBOX, the till worker replied 'they're £35'. I told him about this article and he used a code he had on his till to which £19.98 was revealed.
    I said i phoned this shop yesterday to which the Manager spoke up and proceeded to LIE and say he told me on the phone they were £35.
    I went away to calm down because i didn't want to make a scene on my return i picked up a box and took it to the till.
    He went to the back.
    The manager appeared on another till with a piece of paper in his hand and then went to the back.
    The guy who went to get the XBOX came back and then scanned it, SUPRISE SUPRISE it says £34.99.

VERY VERY DIRTY TRICKS.
  • Saddako
    Options
    That's shocking, i don't understand how they can do that?Maybe they wanted it for themselves?I've always wondered that, if this sort of circumstance arose.

Is there another store nearby you can try?
  • Lucky_David
    Options
    Just called the Leicester Branch, told it was £39.99 "off the top of my head"; now stickered at £29.99, and scanning at £19.98!

Off to get one ASAP for a XBMC project ASAP

--Lucky :A
  • parkera
    Options
    Got one yesterday from Leamington Spa branch of Game. Had to ask for the offer - staff knew about it though.

Already got one system running XBMC - it is a great product! Can now stream videos to another room.

Thanks to the OP.
  • moominman
    Options
    Got one in Cambridge (Lion Yard branch) last night for £19.98. The assistant said it was the last one.
  • santashelper_2
    Options
    is there any way you can modify these to work with the xbox live my son has x box 360 arcade and my daughter whos left home dosent i was wondering if i could get one of these and if it could be modified so that they could play games with each other and ifso what costs would be involved

thanks
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,
    because the average man can see better than he can think.

Many people's view of the world is down to their experience, perception and what they have been conditioned to,this isnt any old MSE reply this is a important and experienced MSE reply :rotfl:
  • impster
    impster Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    10 left in Aberystwyth store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts