🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Original Xbox (Pre-owned) for £19.99

Options

Comments

• jamief
    jamief Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poppycat wrote: »
    Yes thats what I thought although I gather the xbox can play divx/xvid

It can't play DixX/XVid "out of the box", but can be easily modified (via software) to do this. Great deal if you can find one for £20!
  • iggypop37
    Options
    got one in sutton coldfield (£19.98) so with the Tamworth post it would seem they are available in the Midlands
  • natasha8642
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Game in Belfast have about 6 of them. I went in and they were all £29.99 - I told a floor guy that I'd heard they were £20, he knew nothing. I picked up a clear one anyway and took it to the till. Mentioned the £20 thing again and the guy knew nothing, and was poking about in a folder for a code to type into the till, when he seemed to discover that they were actually £19.98, and heard him say to his colleague that it must've happened overnight. So if you see them in stock, take them to the till and ask! Rubbish selection of XBox games though.
    GameCubes are only £15 BTW, surely that's pretty cheap?
    Alan

I went to the Game in Craigavon shopping centre and they had one left. I asked the SA what price it was and he said 19.98. When he scaned it in it came to 10 - he would not sell it to me for that price, instead he called over another SA and the two of them spent over 10 mins trying to get to change to 19.98 and they got it done in the end.:(
    Norn Iron Club Member No 127
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure you get them to scan them (staff are guessing the price as it was £29), I called up and confirmed £20 in Bournemouth (they have loads btw (whole pallet)).
    When I went in the shop staff thought it was £29 but manager confirmed again it was £20 and they scanned a barcode from a folder and it came up £19.98.
    My one came with advanced scart and dvd remote whatever they are
  • my-planet
    Options
    --Tony-- wrote: »
    My one came with advanced scart and dvd remote whatever they are

How to get make a bargain even better :money: You lucky man. The advanced scart lead will have an optical output from it, so that you can get 5.1 surround sound if connected to an AV receiver/amp.

Curry's/PCWorld still have some Mad Catz xbox stuff kicking around. I just bought a Scart lead with an optical out, and check this out...it came with a 1.5 meter optical cable! Price? 47p:j
  • norwoodk
    Options
    :T Just phoned stores in Wolverhampton have them in stock £19.99
  • supertoad
    Options
    Edgware branch in London had about 10 in stock at about 1pm today.....£19.98 - great bargain!!
  • cha_ching81
    Options
    CB1979 wrote: »
    i'm assuming you asked for pre-own and not brand new??

if not looks like MSE Dan has been fed some BS!

Calm down guys :rotfl: - Basingstoke have a whole load in
  • Macster
    Options
    Macclesfield store has a few left with a years garauntee + 2 controllers for £19.98.
  • moneysaver1980
    Options
    i have a 360 can that be a media centre too ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport