🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Original Xbox (Pre-owned) for £19.99

Options

Comments

• rwilts
    rwilts Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Just a suggestion , make sure any firewall on your PC is turned off. It blocks the connection in some FTP applications.
    Ta
  • cwinhall
    Options
    Glasgow city centre's 3 stores have some in stock, Sauciehall has quite a few, st enoch only has 1 left and I couldn't get ahold of the other store on the phone, it's always engaged. Braehead might have some too.

They are all going for £19.98:T
  • nakedtom
    Options
    Just got off the phone to my brother who informed me that i am now the proud owner of an Xbox for £19.99, apparently when he enquired they told him they where £35 but he said can he get one for £20 and they just said ok. A little strange? I dont know, I haven't shopped for a console before, maybe this is the norm.....

Good find though, cheers for the tip

Tom
  • Avs_2
    Avs_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to get back to the topic of surfing the net with the mediacentre mod - If I go to these lengths and manage to get a USB keyboar dand mouse to work with it, is the surfing pic quality any good - I know that media files like Divx, etc will look good on a TV, but in my limited experience, surfing the internet through a PC TV-Out looks really bad compared to a monitor, so are there any screenshots of the type of quality of websufing I can do on the TV ?

Thanks is advance
  • jamief
    jamief Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rwilts wrote: »
    Just a suggestion , make sure any firewall on your PC is turned off. It blocks the connection in some FTP applications.

NO! Don't turn your firewall off! That's asking for trouble.

If you need to, open whichever ports are necessary for whatever you are doing (i.e. for FTP open port 21).

If this makes no sense to anyone, ignore it, it's not intended for you :)
  • TreborOx
    Options
    FYI - Central Oxford (Westgate Centre) have 8 left in stock.
  • seth
    seth Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    The december update adds DIVX/XVID support this might be an option for some folk. This is not a hack but part of the official update from MS

You can play files off CD / DVD / HD
    Seth.
  • jamief
    jamief Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    seth wrote: »
    The december update adds DIVX/XVID support this might be an option for some folk. This is not a hack but part of the official update from MS

You can play files off CD / DVD / HD

The December update is for the Xbox 360, not the original Xbox.
  • Heather25
    Options
    Hi, just been round to our Glenrothes branch of Game but they don't know anything about the offer. Maybe it's just down south.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes thats what I thought although I gather the xbox can play divx/xvid
    jamief wrote: »
    The December update is for the Xbox 360, not the original Xbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport