🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Loop App - Turn Down and Save

Options

Comments

• Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    So if you don't save 40% you get nothing with loop? Is that right?

And you get paid £2.50 per kWh saved?
  • Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mstty said:
    So if you don't save 40% you get nothing with loop? Is that right?

And you get paid £2.50 per kWh saved?
    Correct, it has to be at least 40%. But they go by the amount used it the 1-4 hours before the set time too. I only got around 10p on the first one as I just turned everything off for the hour and didn't do anything special. But then the second one they told me I reduced by a lot more which confused me until I read the posts on here and realised that using the washing machine and my dehumidifier that afternoon just by chance was the cause of it. 
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't really got my head around this yet (too excited at deciding how I'm going to spend the £2.06 already earned I guess :) ) It may not be as generous as other schemes but I haven't been given that option so for me it's better to go with the Loop scheme than nothing. More of an experiment than anything else - I'm a very low user anyway.

Today's event is between 09:00 and 10:00 - to make sure I use absolutely nothing I've turned off the main switches on the consumer unit. Very little impact as I have battery backup - but very little reduction as normally I use very little at this time and the east facing solar panels are generating enough to cover it.

If I've understood it correctly the period 1 to 4 hours before the event are the most critical. If this is the case, I could be in for a windfall this time, because even without doing anything, the important period aligns with the end of my peak because E7 cheap period when I have a number of electric heaters on to warm the house before I get up. Or does your consumption in the same preceding period each day factor in?

Looking forward to seing the result....
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 January 2023 at 11:58AM
    Options
    ....after a bit of head scratching and reading other posts I've realised that the in day adjustment is averaged over the last 10 days. So unless I used more today (I may have done because it's cold, but probably not a lot) then I'm unlikely to see a big payout. I guess what I should have done is heat the house a bit more before I got up. But I could be wrong - let's see what happens...

EDIT - best guess based on calcs shown on another thread is another £1.50 - not the windfall I'd hoped for, best hold off booking the holiday until I have the actual figure :)
  • Mstty
    Options
    I do believe the 5-8am (not 8-9am) period is used in the DFS calculation so will have an effect on the payout.

I've put a spreadsheet together and have a figure in mind but will wait to see how accurate it is.

How long does it take for the results from the loop saving sessions 
  • alibean121
    Options
    Got an email the next day for the last event. You don’t get the money until all the events are done.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,100 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doesn't the Hugo app pay out the full £3 per khw?
    I think....
  • Mstty
    Options
    michaels said:
    Doesn't the Hugo app pay out the full £3 per khw?
    That would be interesting. Only tried it with loop as they were first to invite me to a saving session even ahead of Eon Next.
  • Mstty
    Options
    Got an email the next day for the last event. You don’t get the money until all the events are done.
    Haven't had an email yet for the 19th event
  • Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 January 2023 at 6:35PM
    Options
    Mstty said:
    Haven't had an email yet for the 19th event
    The last one was on a Monday (12th Dec) and they did get back on the following day, but the one previous to that was also on a Thursday (1st Dec), like this one was, and the results didn't come through until the Monday (5th). That was an evening one, so I was 50/50 on when we would hear back. Though, a small part of me has also been wondering if they are shifting through some very high pre-turn down figures this time round and working out if they have enough budget to pay out to everyone :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure