Loop App - Turn Down and Save

Options
mmmmikey
mmmmikey Posts: 1,648 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Got an email from Loop this morning. If you're using their app you can participate in the National Grid Turn Down and Save scheme regardless of your supplier. They pay out in Amazon vouchers. More details here:

Just for info really in case anyone's interested. I don't use any electricity during the normal evening peak as I'm always running off battery at that time, so of very little benefit to me. Will probably still register so if there is ever a peak during E7 hours I can shift my charging times and benefit.

Comments

• GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers!    
  • Petriix
    Petriix Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How does that work if you're also signed up with your own supplier? 
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Petriix said:
    How does that work if you're also signed up with your own supplier? 

Hmmm - don't know, interesting question. I guess there must be some kind of check somewhere in the process, or maybe not and you can get away with signing up twice. Anybody know?
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Note in the small print that Loop take 20% of the payment rather than if you sign up with your own supplier you get the whole payment. But could be useful if your supplier isn't participating in scheme.
  • alibean121
    Options
    You may have noticed by other threads for supplier schemes but this is running again tomorrow (12th) 17:30 - 18:30. As mentioned, loop do take a cut of the reward but 80% is better than nothing if you have a smart meter and your supplier isn't otherwise taking part.

Happy saving. I'm a low electricity user and despite basically having everything off last time, I got a reward of 17p. Apparently using a bit more in the hours before the slot can give a higher reward though. I have a load of towels that need a wash and tumble dry so I'll try that in the afternoon and see how we go this time.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,615 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 December 2022 at 10:59AM
    Options
    You may have noticed by other threads for supplier schemes but this is running again tomorrow (12th) 17:30 - 18:30. As mentioned, loop do take a cut of the reward but 80% is better than nothing if you have a smart meter and your supplier isn't otherwise taking part.

Happy saving. I'm a low electricity user and despite basically having everything off last time, I got a reward of 17p. Apparently using a bit more in the hours before the slot can give a higher reward though. I have a load of towels that need a wash and tumble dry so I'll try that in the afternoon and see how we go this time.

How do you get notified about the saving slots? I've signed up through the app twice and never received anything.
    Not that I could save much anyway. My average use between those hours for the last nine months has been 0.385kWh (0.481 in October only).
    I'd have to switch everything off, including the heating, internet, TV, Christmas tree lights etc. and suffer an hour of the OH complaining to earn a few pence! ;)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

Same, also got a reward of 17p!
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Shedman said:
    Note in the small print that Loop take 20% of the payment rather than if you sign up with your own supplier you get the whole payment. But could be useful if your supplier isn't participating in scheme.
    Octopus get £3 per kWh and are paying £2.25 per kWh + a few spot prizes and draws
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 December 2022 at 11:58AM
    Options
    https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/faqs/ Pay full £3 kWh

Full List

Domestic providers (1/2): - British Gas - CarbonLaces - E.ON Next - Equiwatt - ev. energy - Hugo Energy App (via SMS) - Labrador (via Perse Technology Ltd) - Loop. homes (via SMS)

Domestic providers (2/2): - myenergi (via Orange Power) - Octopus Energy - OVO Energy - Power Rewards App (Orange Power) - Shell Energy Retail (Via SMS) - SMS - VpowerU
  • alibean121
    Options
    victor2 said:

How do you get notified about the saving slots? I've signed up through the app twice and never received anything.
    Not that I could save much anyway. My average use between those hours for the last nine months has been 0.385kWh (0.481 in October only).
    I'd have to switch everything off, including the heating, internet, TV, Christmas tree lights etc. and suffer an hour of the OH complaining to earn a few pence! ;)
    I signed up on the app - heard nothing at that stage. They now email me the day before to notify and you need to ‘opt in’ to say you’re taking part in each session.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback