Loop App - Turn Down and Save

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,643 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I tried to sign up with loop and my supplier (on separate occasions) last year. Neither went ahead.
    Anyway, I did what I could to reduce my usage rather than time shift it. If I'm honest that was not so much to reduce emissions as reduce my expenditure...

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,643 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    victor2 said:
    I tried to sign up with loop and my supplier (on separate occasions) last year. Neither went ahead.
    Anyway, I did what I could to reduce my usage rather than time shift it. If I'm honest that was not so much to reduce emissions as reduce my expenditure...
    I can't remember who you are with Eon?

If it was they were rubbish with the first DFS event.

Yes it was Eon. Then Loop went nowhere.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• MultiFuelBurner
    Options
    victor2 said:
    victor2 said:
    I can't remember who you are with Eon?

If it was they were rubbish with the first DFS event.

Yes it was Eon. Then Loop went nowhere.
    Eon were terrible we didn't get included either ours was Hugo I think not loop and we were included from session 3 onwards with them if I remember rightly.

Funny (good) story the DFS event also highlighted an issue on the fuse board. The neutral into the board was not tightened properly or more likely had become loose over time and started vibrating when under load with the DFS adjustment period when we switched a few things on all together. Luckily we have a friend who's an electrician that popped round and did a tighten up of everything and he did wonder if the events and those maxing their usage will have caused any stress on their fuse board as it wasn't for short bursts but for three hours if I remember rightly.
  • FIREDreamer
    FIREDreamer Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone heard anything of this year’s cashback due by the end of April?
  • Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They owe me £10 but not heard anything yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback