Scottish Power and SEG

Options
Stanshall
Stanshall Posts: 13 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
About a month and a half ago, I applied to Scottish Power for SEG for my solar panels. And since then, I have heard nothing. Any follow up emails have disappeared into the void. I have contacted Scottish Power via their Chatbot only to be told to contact them directly using the same email address.

Does anyone have any tips or alternative way of contacting them?

Many thanks

Comments

• debling2
    Options
    Experiencing same problem. Emailed application on 19 May 22 and still nothing. Manged to get a phone number for SP SEG 0800 001 5156. Phoned 23 June and was told delays due to number of applications and that their tracking system was not working so could not help at all or advise how long it will be. Trying to phone again today! 
  • Stanshall
    Options
    Thank you. I had a moan on twitter and was contacted and told the same thing.
  • Simplicity77
    Options
    I had my Solar Power done in April, took 3 months, but with demand so high they do on purpose take longer. Why? Because the export meter installed by the solar power company is what people think they need to give readings on when it is not. The actual main electricity is where the true export readings are taken and by the time the consumer has figured it out the initial reading is about 500kwh which SP take as first reading and then 6 months later. I nearly got caught out but googled it.

• Simplicity77
    Options
    still makes you wonder why you have to give readings, after all, it is a smart meter, but they play dumb and make you read it. The smart meter has to be read manually in 6 months when a smart meter is supposed to send a reading automatically ( it does when you buy but doesn't when you sell..hmmmmmmm. Corrupt practices by all the energy companies.
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not all the energy companies. 

I'm with Octopus for import and export (Agile/Outgoing Agile) and get a monthly bill with readings they get from the smart meter. I switched to them in April after the PV was fitted.

The bill has pages that show 30 minute readings for each day for import and export, with the daily total (yes, an awful lot of pages but then I'm not going to print them all out)

The bill summary shows the total sum for used and generated electricity, and I have a nice credit balance from this summer's generation to take me into winter.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • SEG payers can agree to pay if an EXPORT meter is fitted, or they will accept a manual reading from a smart meter with an Export MPAN if smart meter connectivity is the issue. My import and export data is pulled from my meter once every 24 hours by my supplier using third-party Adapter software that connects to the DCC Hub. If you are unhappy with your SEG Payer then you are free to switch your SEG account to another SEG Payer (ie; Octopus) as they are separate contracts.
  • Simplicity77
    Simplicity77 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 September 2022 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Octopus just doubled the payouts this week so yeah I'm switching January. My two-year tarriff ends then and paying just 2p for gas and 12p for electricity makes it sweet times for me until end of the year. I hope Octopus take me as customer on, as 15p export tariff is a no brainer.
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Switch your SEG to Octopus now and get 4.1p as a non-supply customer. Then in January they are more likely to take you on for supply as you are already a customer for SEG.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Grandad43
    Options
    How long does it take for Scottish Power to respond to a SEG application?  I submitted my SEG application on 5 April 23?
  • Stanshall
    Options
    They didn't really get back to me until 6months after, asking for my 2nd reading. 

Not very helpful, I know.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure