Comments

• ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had this fixed.  
    A new inverter, Until next time!
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just had this fixed.  
    A new inverter, Until next time!

Let's hope this one is more reliable than ita predecessors!
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Purely anecdotal, but I was chatting to a PV/batt installer yesterday and discussing options. I mentioned that I'd been keen on Givenergy as their hybrid setup suited my needs, but I'd started to notice more and more concerns on forums about software.

He advised me that his firm (he's the owner) stopped installing Givenergy systems just over a year ago due to high failure rates both hardware and software issues. He explained that the support from the company wasn't good enough.

I got the impression this was genuine, not just an attack on the product, as he was happy with lots of other makes / solutions, not 'pushing' anything in particular.

Hope this helps, but I know next to nothing about batts, nor Givenergy, so just for info.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I was mad keen on getting an A-i-O but I've now transferred my affection to a Sunsynk 8.8kW hybrid inverter, which can do the instant islanding, with the addition of a suitable contactor.
  • 94JDH
    94JDH Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Purely anecdotal, but I was chatting to a PV/batt installer yesterday and discussing options. I mentioned that I'd been keen on Givenergy as their hybrid setup suited my needs, but I'd started to notice more and more concerns on forums about software.

He advised me that his firm (he's the owner) stopped installing Givenergy systems just over a year ago due to high failure rates both hardware and software issues. He explained that the support from the company wasn't good enough.

I got the impression this was genuine, not just an attack on the product, as he was happy with lots of other makes / solutions, not 'pushing' anything in particular.

Hope this helps, but I know next to nothing about batts, nor Givenergy, so just for info.
    I've a Givenergy system, 2 x 5kW Gen3 hybrid inverters and 4 x 9.5kWh batteries coupled to 15kW PV and couldn't be happier.
    Support I've found is the opposite from Givenergy, there's always quick responses especially from the Facebook groups.
    A good majority of problems are due to poor installation and incorrect commissioning.
    As they are one of the most popular systems, you'll hear about problems rather than praise like most things.
    18 x 390W (7.02kW) East/West split over two flat roof areas at 10 degrees inclination.
  • ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    @94JDH
    I'm glad your system is working well.  Unfortunately, I have had terrible experience with them, when ever I have contacted them. 
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback