Givenergy woes

Options
ispookie666
ispookie666 Posts: 1,179 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 8 October 2022 at 6:54PM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
I seem to have never ending problems with Givenergy.  Waited for their battery for 5 months and was very happy when it was installed.  Unfortunately this lasted for a very short time (Installed on 25th May and dead on 8th June)  
AC coupled inverter 
2* 8.2KWh batter 
Roughly 10 days ago, I was checking the EPS (backup power supply) - and heard a loud click and a few other noises from the inverter and battery.  Following on from this, the whole system is dead as a dodo!  I do not believe the wiring was faulty as the EPS was checked a few times and worked perfectly.

The installer came out and checked things over and said its beyond them and Givenergy would be in touch to get this corrected.  

On chasing Givenergy, they seem to be least interested in sorting this out and saying "waiting for more information from installer".  According to the installer, all the documentation including wiring diagram has been sent and received by Givenergy.  

Am I being impatient?  I hope Givenergy are not like some other companies which have horrible after sales support
“Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump

Comments

• Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi IS, sorry to learn of your problem. I don't think you are being impatient especially after waiting five months. I'm no expert in such matters but if your contract was with the installer then I believe it is them who are responsible for putting the system right or replacing entirely! But you might need to check with standards agency or Citizens advice who would offer more sound advice than I can.
    You have my sympathy as It must be desperately frustrating with all the sunshine on offer recently. I can't knock how mine has performed since install and the odd question I had with their tech guys was soon answered and action taken when necessary. In the last ten days we've imported 3.2kWh's which I believe is mostly down to lag between the inverter detecting a load and redirecting to battery's from grid!
    Hope you get it sorted soon or at least that someone else can supply a more menaingful response than I have.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I should have just cut my losses and gone with another make/brand. 
     I'll give it another week and see what happens.  All I was expecting from Givenergy was a date for their engineer to come out and look at the system.  This whole thing does not instill confidence in the company.  

System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    I agree that if you have a problem it should be the installer putting it right,  specially so soon after install.
    I would be talking to trading standards at this point!
    A few installers said to me, any problems you would come to me first! 
    Also i have seen a few people mention they chose givenergy to 'buy british', sounds like you are receiving the typical british attitude there from givenergy...
  • ispookie666
    Options
    The installer has been very open and they have come to check and troubleshoot, I suspect it's Givenergy dragging their feet.  
    Going by this, i'd be surprised if they are here in 5 years time!  

• 2nd_time_buyer
    Options
    Have you sent them a link to this thread? 
  • ispookie666
    Options
    @2nd_time_buyer not yet.  I have raised this on their forum/platform.  Mine is not an isolated incident.  

• Petriix
    Petriix Posts: 2,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've seen a reasonable level of response from Givenergy support via Facebook. There's a Givenergy owners group if you weren't already aware. I imagine that they simply haven't scaled their support to match their recent boom in sales. There will always be the occasional duff piece of hardware so I suspect you've just been unlucky.
  • Magnitio
    Magnitio Posts: 927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Certainly some mixed reviews here:

6.4kWp (16 * 400Wp REC Alpha) facing ESE + 5kW Huawei inverter + 10kWh Huawei battery. Buckinghamshire.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    I hope people thinking of going with Givenergy will think twice.  A company is only as good as its after sales support.  

• Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    I hope people thinking of going with Givenergy will think twice.  A company is only as good as its after sales support.  

I chose against using them for a few reasons, one was the output didnt meet my demands, and two the delays in getting the batteries in... i would still be waiting now by the look of things, I'm happy with my SolaX system...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback