Givenergy woes

Options

Comments

• ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very wise. I hope all these hardware manufacturers are around in 5 or 10 years.  
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • Boffinboy24
    Boffinboy24 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My solar installer seems to have stopped offering Giv due to support problems. It seems a shame they haven’t been able to ramp up support to mirror the demand - but hopefully that’s a temporary issue. They also seem to have interesting development plans. Are people who have working kit finding it good?
  • ispookie666
    Options
    It was alright when working. Not in the same league as Victron. 

System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • 94JDH
    94JDH Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alot of people rave about Solaredge, but look at their reviews:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.solaredge.com

Magnitio said:
    Certainly some mixed reviews here:

18 x 390W (7.02kW) East/West split over two flat roof areas at 10 degrees inclination.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    @94JDH definitely. They have had some shoddy practices not sure if they have improved or just more NDA's 
    It's been close to two weeks and getting no where Between my installer and Givenergy, what a bunch of clowns. 

• 94JDH
    Options
    @94JDH definitely. They have had some shoddy practices not sure if they have improved or just more NDA's 
    It's been close to two weeks and getting no where Between my installer and Givenergy, what a bunch of clowns. 
    Communication is key - good or bad, my installer has confirmed delivery of the new gen2 equipment and hopefully install late July, still awaiting DNO approval unfortunately.
    18 x 390W (7.02kW) East/West split over two flat roof areas at 10 degrees inclination.
  • 2nd_time_buyer
    2nd_time_buyer Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2022 at 7:26PM
    Options
    94JDH said:

Magnitio said:

You have to be little weary of trustpilot reviews for things where people are unlikely to leave a positive review straightaway. One year after install, how likely are you to leave a review if it is quietly working fine?

It would be interesting to see if there are any inverter companies there with generally positive reviews(?). R.g. Growatt and Fronius also have average reviews around 2.5/5

The number of negative Solaredge reviews is in part a function of their sizeable market share. However, from reading over the reviews they do seem to have a consistent problem with resolving faults promptly.

There were reports of short life of their optimisers. It seemed that most of these occurred in areas with high temperatures e.g. parts of Australia. Thankfully those seem less frequent as it would be real hassle to swap out optimisers.

• 94JDH
    Options
    94JDH said:

Magnitio said:

You have to be little weary of trustpilot reviews for things where people are unlikely to leave a positive review straightaway. One year after install, how likely are you to leave a review if it is quietly working fine?

It would be interesting to see if there are any inverter companies there with generally positive reviews(?). R.g. Growatt and Fronius also have average reviews around 2.5/5

The number of negative Solaredge reviews is in part a function of their sizeable market share. However, from reading over the reviews they do seem to have a consistent problem with resolving faults promptly.

There were reports of short life of their optimisers. It seemed that most of these occurred in areas with high temperatures e.g. parts of Australia. Thankfully those seem less frequent as it would be real hassle to swap out optimisers.

That's the problem, generally people only voice there concerns or vent when they have problems - less likely to spend the time giving positive reviews 
  • ispookie666
    Options
    None of this excuses a company from providing such poor service!  

• 94JDH
    edited 21 June 2022 at 9:02PM
    Options
    None of this excuses a company from providing such poor service!  
    I don't disagree, it's for your installer to do the chasing not you - that's who you placed your order with and they should be sorting it out completely ( with the help/ replacement by Givenergy to the installer).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback