Givenergy woes

Options

Comments

• Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    I hope you get sorted soon - if this happened to me i would be going mental by now... i think it's for your installer to resolve...
    Problem is they are all too busy doing installs to bother with aftercare!
    I would just want to rip it all out! How frustrating 
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Does your installer have reviews anywhere? Could you perhaps add your not so positive review and see if that gives them a nudge to get the matter sorted.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2022 at 11:12PM
    Options
    They have upwards of 20 positive reviews. 
    I have formally sent a complaint to the company, citing the installed product is not working as described and need replacing with a working unit. Have stated, this has been brought to their attention within 30 days of installation. 

Will wait a few more days, then a second reminder.  

Any suggestions, what to do next - which intermediary or obudsman to contact?
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • 2nd_time_buyer
    Options
    They have upwards of 20 positive reviews. 
    I have formally sent a complaint to the company, citing the installed product is not working as described and need replacing with a working unit. Have stated, this has been brought to their attention within 30 days of installation. 

Will wait a few more days, then a second reminder.  

Any suggestions, what to do next - which intermediary or obudsman to contact?
    I don't suppose you paid on credit card? If so you may be covered by their 90 day warranty.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    Unfortunately no. 
    I'm going to start drawing up a battle plan 

System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • 2nd_time_buyer
    2nd_time_buyer Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2022 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Unfortunately no. 
    I'm going to start drawing up a battle plan 
    Good luck. In recent times I have had much better service when I have threatened to leave a bad review on social media for companies. Or more positively - promised to leave a good review.  

I guess the only small positive is that at least it is not a hybrid inverter and you still have your solar.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    One thing, if anyone is considering Givenergy - please think twice. 
    I have found out that, there are few people with similar problems with the batteries and Givenergy has been very very quiet. 

• ispookie666
    edited 25 June 2022 at 8:23AM
    Options
    Utter nutters Givenergy... 
    I called them yest to see what on earth was going on.  This is what they said
    " we are aware of your problem (for the last two weeks) but we want the installer to call us when on-site".
     When I mentioned this was done, in the form of email communication and the installer has provided all necessary documentations (site is a mobile blackhole!)

the response from Givenergy  "we need the installer to call us from on site" 

What the absolute waste of a company, either they don't care or they are inundated with system failures. Which ever it is, does not look great. 

My only other experience for solar has been with Enphase a few years ago, what a world of difference. 

I'm reluctant to blame the installer,.as they have done what was needed and the solar panel side has been working without a problem. 

Dealing with Product failures is what separates good companies from bad ones! 

• Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    Sounds bad, but it might be they are just going to say to him try XYZ and if all do nothing then may just send a replacement then... 
    Do they even have stock for replacement??
    It does sound like you are talking to a robot! 
  • ispookie666
    Options
    Wonder if they were trying to push this beyond 30days of install. Their FB forum is full of problems, likely people complain when there are problems!
     I wish I had the energy to take them to the cleaners... 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback