Givenergy woes

Options

Comments

• ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck 
    Looks like there is definitely problems with the inverter boards. I'm not the only one waiting more than a few weeks. 
    I hope they improve training to the installers, if the installers are getting it wrong - the procedure and training is not fit for purpose. 
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • Pulpdiction
    Pulpdiction Posts: 228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the implication from my installer is that GE are saying installers aren't following the process, hence the issues.  

I hope you get yours sorted soon.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    Finally GE are coming out on Monday to have a look.  It's taken 3 weeks to get this far 

System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    Look forward to hearing an update...
    And why is it that GE are seeing many poor installs? That sounds like passing the buck to me...
    I am glad i didnt go GE, i know any make can have problems but as has been said many times it's how they deal with issues that makes a company good or bad...
    Whats your installers point of view on all this, will he still be using GE i wonder...
  • ispookie666
    Options
    I'll wait for what GE says, if it's obvious installation error - might be end of the road for the installer. They are saying it's a complicated EPS setup, no idea and did not bother with the schematics.

• Mikeyboy01443
    Options
    Sorry who is saying that?

And why is it a complicated EPS setup? Do you have all circuits on EPS or just some?
  • findir
    findir Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Making me depressed.  My 8,2 Givenergy battery appears to have failed within the last two weeks after being installed in January.  Installer ignores my problem and states that the Portal does not indicate a fault.  Givernergy support are silent after initially telling me to download Firmware version 3007 which did not work.  Basically the battery only downloads 2.6kW as measured by smartmeter. Takes 45 minutes to charge from 4% to 100%. Similarly discharges from 100% to 4% in 45 minutes. It cannot supply the house demands through to morning as it did for the first 4 months now draining at 11pm.  Or could it be my 3kW inverter is charging/discharging at 9kW - I hope not as that would be a serious risk of fire!  Reading above, what hope for a resolution do I have?  I shall have to lodge at an early date a Small Claims Court Action against the Installer for a cost refund.  Needless to say I shall post negative comment about both the installer and Givenergy if it comes to court action.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    Sorry who is saying that?

And why is it a complicated EPS setup? Do you have all circuits on EPS or just some?
    GE are saying this.  A few more days and hopefully some clarity.  

• ispookie666
    Options
    @findir Sorry to hear. It is incredibly frustrating.  GE are saying, they are very busy etc etc.. they seem to think Growth = sales; do not think their support staff numbers have increased to catch up with the sales/installation growth.  

• ispookie666
    Options
    Update 
    The engineer came out today. The main board of AC coupled inverter was fried, changed over very quickly. At the same time disconnected the EPS.  As EPS circuits need a separate way to earth in a TN-C-S system when in island mode. Makes sense, but was not sure if this was the cause of the failure. 

I do have an earth rod next to oil tank and the oil feed pipe is earthed to it, will need to check with the installer if this will work or will need a new/alternate way of earthing. 

How have others who have EPS/UPS or backup systems configured the earthing?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback