Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE now available on Lebara

Comments

• Forty45
    Forty45 Posts: 31
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quick reply from Lebara.

"We are sorry to Inform you that google pixel team is not able to configured the WIFI calling option with the Lebara network.

Our technical team is working on this to activate support the WIFI calling for the Google Pixel handsets and soon this devices will also compatible to the WIFI calling with the Lebara.

The list which you saw is the compatible devices list for Vodafone request and since we have started WIFI calling services very recently we are yet to update this information on the website.

Lebara apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your kind understanding."

If I don't get WiFi calling by the time my initial lower rate ends I might try ID Mobile (Three).
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned here but I can confirm that the fix detailed below works perfectly to enable VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling on Pixel devices on Lebara.  My Pixel 7A is working just fine taking and receiving calls over Wi-Fi or VoLTE.

As I can not post links then simply search Google using terms 'reddit wifi_calling_on_pixel_7_pro' which should find the reddit post with details.

Hope that helps.

• Interesting @phil2023 - looks like it links to https://github.com/kyujin-cho/pixel-volte-patch/blob/main/README.en.md. Reports there suggest it works well for Wi-Fi calling and reasonably for VoLTE although occasionally needs airplane mode toggled. I must say the bigger issue I had recently with Lebara/Vodafone on my Pixel 5 was recurrently going to voicemail and poor speeds/not working at all in certain areas like the airport. Since I've moved to iD/Three those have all resolved but I appreciate may very much vary by geography and also some folks may not want a 12 month contract. 
  • That is the correct link @alanjrobertson, thanks for posting it.  I've had no issues regarding VoLTE on the 7A.  The fix is just overriding the carrier flags, for some reason Lebara is saying 'NO' we don't support VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling when a Pixel device is registered to their network so all options are hidden to turn the features on, probably a database issue somewhere and Lebara/Vodafone do not recognise the IMEI of Pixels not sold by them, as if you buy a Pixel from Vodafone, it works fine on Vodafone AND Lebara.  The fix just overwrites the "NO to VoLTE/Wi-Fi callling" to a Yes which then enables the options in the menus to turn it on. 

Many have complained to both but as with a lot of these things, getting the issue past first line support and up to someone who can do something about it, is often harder than it should be.
  • Phil2023 said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here but I can confirm that the fix detailed below works perfectly to enable VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling on Pixel devices on Lebara.  My Pixel 7A is working just fine taking and receiving calls over Wi-Fi or VoLTE.

As I can not post links then simply search Google using terms 'reddit wifi_calling_on_pixel_7_pro' which should find the reddit post with details.

Hope that helps.

Amazing! Thanks so much Phil. I can confirm this works for the Pixel 4a 5G (though the article suggests it's only for the Pixel 6 and above devices). I might just stick with Lebara, at least for now 😀
  • Lebara WiFi calling on Pixel 4a 5G

• adriandilly
    adriandilly Posts: 180
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think I found a way to get the Wi-Fi Calling option to appear. Take the SIM card out of the problem phone (phone 1) and put it in another phone (phone 2). Turn on phone 2 and the Wi-Fi Calling option appears. Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling option.
    Now put the SIM back in phone 1 and the Wi-Fi Calling option appears and can be switched on! 
    This worked for me with a Samsung Galaxy S8 (phone 1), a Samsung Galaxy A51 (phone 2) and a UK Lebara SIM.

Hope this helps. 
  • Interesting, didn't work for me before with a Huawei (activated but once back in Pixel it stopped working) 
  • adriandilly
    adriandilly Posts: 180
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think I found a way to get the Wi-Fi Calling option to appear. Take the SIM card out of the problem phone (phone 1) and put it in another phone (phone 2). Turn on phone 2 and the Wi-Fi Calling option appears. Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling option.
    Now put the SIM back in phone 1 and the Wi-Fi Calling option appears and can be switched on! 
    This worked for me with a Samsung Galaxy S8 (phone 1), a Samsung Galaxy A51 (phone 2) and a UK Lebara SIM.

Hope this helps. 
    Just to add to my post.. 
    I wasn't sure if my fix worked, so I put my phone (phone 1) into airplane mode which cut off the 4G, then switched just the Wi-Fi back on. The Wi-Fi Calling icon appeared and remained on the status bar as long as the mobile network was off. I then made a Wi-Fi call successfully! When I switched airplane back off, the VoLTE icon takes over.
  • reddwarf2002
    reddwarf2002 Posts: 563
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Hope this helps. 
    Just to add to my post.. 
    I wasn't sure if my fix worked, so I put my phone (phone 1) into airplane mode which cut off the 4G, then switched just the Wi-Fi back on. The Wi-Fi Calling icon appeared and remained on the status bar as long as the mobile network was off. I then made a Wi-Fi call successfully! When I switched airplane back off, the VoLTE icon takes over.
    I wonder, did both of these phones have the same version of Android as a previous poster says it didn'twork for them? Perhaps being the same manufacturer helps too?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback