Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE now available on Lebara

Comments

• Already done that a couple of months ago, they just seem to ignore it IME or get you going through troubleshooting that is nothing to do with it. Can't get it escalated to anyone sensible it seems. I'm afraid I wouldn't hold out too much hope given thus has been going on for 9 months now. 
  • Sandra97 said:
    Yep I raised it with both of them months ago but neither seem interested in fixing it or possibly escalating it. Very frustrating! 
    Thanks, could you send feedback the way Google have described in my post please? I'm hoping if we all do this it will raise our profile to get a resolution.
    Hi, I just joined Lebara, have a Pixel 4a 5G, ported my number from EE where VoLTE and WiFi calling were happily working! No joy with Lebara, which led me to this forum. Had a frustrating few days, firstly reporting it to Lebara who said that it doesn't work on Pixel devices. When I asked why their webbite says that it does, I got a dithery, "Yeah, we asked the website team to update the info but they mustn't have done that yet". I had already done as Sandra97 had suggested which was to send feedback to Google via the feedback report method, so I decided to reach out to Google just in case. Again, they were unhelpful, suggesting I troubleshoot the device. When I explained to them that it was a setting (from Lebara) that needed enabling at their end, they weren't interested and just said that they would pass the feedback to their developers. Back to square one!

Anyway, just adding my 2p worth. I would encourage all readers of this thread to escalate this to Lebara and, more importantly, do what Sandra97 has suggested and hopefully we will get somewhere with this!
  • crazydad
    crazydad Posts: 52
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just come off the phone to Lebara and they say that the Google Pixel 6 (or a) is not supported and nothing can be done! 
  • alanjrobertson
    alanjrobertson Posts: 167
    Forumite
    edited 14 May 2023 at 10:51AM
    Yep, I'm leaving them for iD mobile. After cashback only £3.80/mo so if a small increase means Wi-Fi calling works I'm happy with that! 

PS - just to update and say my iD mobile SIM arrived. WiFi calling worked immediately on my Pixel 5 (double-checked by enabling airplane mode then switching on WiFi!). 4G transfer speeds seemed quicker where I am too but appreciate that will be very location-dependent.
  • Response from Lebara Customer Support this evening:

On Sun, 14 May 2023, 18:32 Care, <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We are really sorry to Inform you that since we have recently ended the contract with the Google Pixel handset provider the WIFI calling is not Compatible for this device. As of now we do not have any time line if the WIFI calling will supported to this devices.

We really apologize for this Inconvenience but Unfortunately we cannot do anything on this.

For a faster resolution to your query, please use LIVE CHAT or speak with an advisor between 9am to 9pm.

Lebara Sim : Dial 5588
    Other network or outside the UK : +44 207 0310791 (cost depending on your operator).

Regards,
    Lebara CS

Doh 🥺

• Amazing how they manage to make such a non-sensical reply! Definitely glad to be porting away tomorrow :)

• Qew
    Qew Posts: 51
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    That response reads like buck passing...
  • Forty45
    Forty45 Posts: 31
    Forumite
    Joined Lebara this week from Virgin - was using Vodafone, now O² (where getting WiFi calling working wasn't possible on my Pixel 4), only to find it still doesn't work!

I don't have the option to select it on the phone, but when I;
    1. Dial *#*#4636#*#* in the Phone app
    2. Select Phone information
    3. I can see what services have been provisioned on the device by Lebara, and WiFi calling is there, but greyed out, but the toggle in the  disabled position).
    I've emailed Lebara and sent feedback to Google as others suggest, but I'm not hopeful anything will change. My wife moved at the same time with a OnePlus Nord and she has WiFi calling.

It's only 49p a month for the first 6 months so I can wait until that's up before deciding to change, but it seems a bit of a gamble to find out who you might get it working with if the issue is whether or not the phone manufacturer and the network/SIM provider have agreed it to work.

• Forty45 said:
    Joined Lebara this week from Virgin - was using Vodafone, now O² (where getting WiFi calling working wasn't possible on my Pixel 4), only to find it still doesn't work!

I don't have the option to select it on the phone, but when I;
    1. Dial *#*#4636#*#* in the Phone app
    2. Select Phone information
    3. I can see what services have been provisioned on the device by Lebara, and WiFi calling is there, but greyed out, but the toggle in the  disabled position).
    I've emailed Lebara and sent feedback to Google as others suggest, but I'm not hopeful anything will change. My wife moved at the same time with a OnePlus Nord and she has WiFi calling.

It's only 49p a month for the first 6 months so I can wait until that's up before deciding to change, but it seems a bit of a gamble to find out who you might get it working with if the issue is whether or not the phone manufacturer and the network/SIM provider have agreed it to work.

I'm afraid they've done nothing in the last 9-10 months to convince me they're going you sort this. Both blame each other but I'm more suspicious that Lebara are dragging their heels. Most recent email I had said they just don't support it, so I've moved to ID Mobile - Wifi calling worked immediately on my Pixel 5 and my Internet speeds jumped up (although that will very much depend on where you're based!} and I no longer had the issue of calls going to voicemail even when sitting with reception. It's costing me £3.83/mo (after Amazon voucher) for 20GB/unlim calls+texts and for me that extra £2.89/mo has been worth it! 
  • Although I will be leaving Lebara soon, I have a ticket open about this with Google on their issue tracker. If you would like to add comments here is the link:

issuetracker.google.com/issues/283537101
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure