Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE now available on Lebara

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,555
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 30 July 2022 at 9:27PM
    Yes I turn on airplane mode, then put the wifi connection back on.

I also tried a recommended wifi calling app, it failed at step 2 as the crucial options are greyed out which means either Lebara/Vodafone or Samsung don't support it.

Given the fact that my phone has the option, my money is on Lebara/Vodafone.

Also tried texting Vodafone to get wifi calling activated, nothing happened.

I've basically given up now and am very dissapointed in Lebara. 
  • I also tried this "workaround" and it didn't work for me either. I took advice given here and got in touch with Lebara via Chat again( 3rd time) and was told (again) that they would look into the problem with Samsung S20 5G and Android 11 and get back to me within 24 hours. That was 3 days ago, and nobody has been in touch. There is obviously a problem, it would just be nice if Lebara would admit it and save people like me all the aggravation of trying to get something to work - that doesn't.
  • So...Lebara never did get back to me... for the 3rd time. I decided to take a chance and updated my phone to a Galaxy Z Flip 4 which runs Android 12 and guess what...I now have WiFi calling! So it is an issue with Android 11 and Samsung Galaxy S20. Thanks for that Lebara...not. 
  • How did you manage to buy a Z Flip 4 a week before the release date?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,568
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    KxMx said:
    Yes I turn on airplane mode, then put the wifi connection back on.

I also tried a recommended wifi calling app, it failed at step 2 as the crucial options are greyed out which means either Lebara/Vodafone or Samsung don't support it.

Given the fact that my phone has the option, my money is on Lebara/Vodafone.

Also tried texting Vodafone to get wifi calling activated, nothing happened.

I've basically given up now and am very dissapointed in Lebara. 
    Just got the 1p 12GB sim deal.  No wifi calling / VoLte on my Motorola G10.  It had deleted the wifi calling setting from the phone, put my old sim back in and it is there again.  They both worked with my old EE contract.

• Seems Lebara don't like Moto, my G 5G Plus has no wi-fi calling with the Lebara sim yet it works just fine with Three Data Reward sim (and it worked just fine with a Vodafone PAYM sim before that).

It's a murky black art getting this bit of technology to work.
  • Xiaomi POCO F3,Android 12, Lebara, has wifi calling and it does half work.
    Hopefully someone can offer a solution. When making a call using wifi calling the other person can't hear me although I hear them perfectly. Any ideas?
    I thought I'd tag this on here because it does relate to Lebara and wifi calling.

• Google Pixel 5 and no WiFi calling showing on Lebara - tried chat and they were useless, at first saying the phone isn't supported - I then pointed out they just linked to Vodafone's page and it was listed there, they then said they were waiting on 'The Google' to enable it, when it's clearly something at their end! Anyone had success with Pixel + Lebara for WiFi calling?
  • I contacted Lebara yesterday. They are telling me that Wifi calling hasn't been enabled on any Google Pixel devices yet. Vodafone says otherwise, but there's clearly some subtleties here.
  • alanjrobertson
    alanjrobertson Posts: 167
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 22 December 2022 at 6:32PM
    I contacted Lebara yesterday. They are telling me that Wifi calling hasn't been enabled on any Google Pixel devices yet. Vodafone says otherwise, but there's clearly some subtleties here.
    Yep I had escalated a call with them too as no VoLTE (which means data stops working when you're on a call, quite frustrating!) and no WiFi calling, despite receiving an email advertising them and IMEI, etc. checking out fine.  For WiFi calling they say they're still waiting for Google (has been many months now) - for what it's worth I'm going to try and raise with Google but don't hold much hope! For LTE they're not sure and are going to raise a technical support ticket.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback