Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2022

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,824
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, 

Last day at work for a week as I'm off to Cyprus on Sunday. I am taking PL Italy with me as haven't had much chance to do any stitching this week. I have nearly finished a 4th hat, just need to shape the top and sew up the seam. Will try to do that tonight. 

Saw two films at the cinema this week - Cyrano and The Duke. Both really good. Cyrano has singing and we were a bit worried we wouldn't like it, but it was great. The Duke is very funny.

We have donated to the DEC Ukraine appeal. Would quite happily take in refugees if the govt allowed it. Just feel so helpless for all those affected, the news makes for grim watching.

Hope you're all going okay and nmm's OH continues to make progress with his treatment.
    Will update from Cyprus from my phone!
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all. Sorry to be awol. Had a disappointing couple of weeks. 
    Spent ages applying for new job, shortlisted and after two days of interviews I didn’t get it. I’d taken two days leave so when I returned to work, I had over 50 emails and a load of carp situations to deal with  :(  Onward and upward, don’t feel too sorry for myself with everything going on in the world. 
    No stitching done, but I have unpicked a zip out of a cushion so I can use it in another. Glad you got all the stuff sorted Coxy, sounds like a win win. I always think I would be happy for my stuff to be used. I’m hoping not to leave a stash but not much busting going on atm.
    Bet the boat is lovely now we’re feeling a bit more like spring Nmm. How’s OH?
    Enjoy rest of the week all, now to pick up some stitching!
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Morning from a rainy Cyprus! It’s 10 degrees here. I bought 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of jeggings. Jeggings coming in handy and have borrowed a fleece and body warmer from stepmum. Dad is doing well and we have been walking every day but probably not today!

I brought my cross stitch and spent some time last night sewing the beginning of the leaning tower of Pisa and the Colosseum. I have read two of my 3 books but want to save one for the plane home. 

Sorry to hear about the job @Charly27 - their loss x I’ve applied for two recently. First one didn’t get an interview, second one has had over 300 applicants and have sent an email to say ‘bear with’. I not holding out much hope but nothing ventured etc 

Hope OH is doing okay @nmm

Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,377
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi ladies, thanks for thinking about my OH :) All chemo courses are completed, now just to fully recover, hes doing well mostly sore joints and feeling tired. Boat is fine and i can feel spring in the air its getting too warm for the stove, we put our main sail in the mast the other day as it was glorious sunshine!!! Once OH is feeling up to it we'll go for a little test sail.

Good luck on the job hunting ladies, its about 10 degrees here too coxy, still no cross stitch done, i really need to get back into that kit and only a few little crochet items finished, our K&N group are doing a little easter display i'll post a photo when its finished.

Take care all, happy stitching :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Charly27
    Forumite
    Lovely to hear your updates. So pleased your DD is making what sounds like terrific progress Coxy. Good luck with job hunt.
    Glad OH is making progress, hopefully you’ll be raising the main sail pretty soon. I’ve picked up ‘how does your garden grow’ & nearly stitched the mushrooms for January. Can start February at the weekend.
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    I’ve made good progress on PL Italy this week:

I’m flying home tomorrow night so this will be in the case 👍🏻
    Heard back from second job application and it’s a No. Oh well, I’m lucky to have a job that pays well and is WFH 4 days a week. Will keep my eyes open for any other opportunities. 
    Any photos of the SAL @Charly27
    Coxy xx
  • Charly27
    Forumite
    That looks great Coxy. Shame about the job but as you say things could be worse. Also it takes a lot of time and effort to apply! 
    Photo of SAL progress. The pea pods & the small black area (gnome’s boots) are from the second installation so not too far behind. Switched to a hoop from my frame so will slow me down a bit now. Don’t know why it keeps turning the photo around - sorry! 

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,377
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Happy mother's day ladies, hope you get spoilt rotten :)

This was the card i made for my mum, the butterfly can be worn as a brooch

Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Lovely update Charley x

Beautiful card and brooch nmm - hope your mum loved them too.

I bought two MD cards but then went down with Covid on Thursday so we didn't manage to see the Mums. It was also DHs birthday yesterday, so our weekend plan was to see the Mums on Saturday and then go out for dinner Sunday. Instead we spent the weekend at home. I was absolutely shattered on Friday and spent most of the day in bed. Better Saturday and Sunday and now back at WFH but am plodding. Now have no taste or smell - hooray!

I have to get better as DSis and I are on an overnight coach to Glasgow on Friday night, followed by a train journey up to Inverness. JoGLE part II continues on Sunday with the Great Glen Way followed by the West Highland Way. We will be doing an average of 10-12 miles a day and staying at bunkhouses and BnBs so less to carry and hopefully a better chance at staying the distance. 

I started another knitted hat yesterday as just wanted to chill for a bit. I have committed to make 10 in total for beginning of November. I have all the wool I need so just need to make them over the coming months. No further stitching on PL Italy as haven't had the head space. Think I committed to finish by the end of March, so that's not going to happen!

Hope you're all going well
    Coxy xx

• Charly27
    Forumite
    Lovely card and broach Nmm. Bet your DM loved them. I sent a card and flowers to my DM. She had a steroid injection into her hip last week to see if she gets some relief from arthritis in her hip. According to X-ray it only qualifies as ‘moderate’ so no replacement possible until it worsens. 
    DMIL had a massive stroke last week and she’s in hospital deteriorating rapidly. Feel so hopeless to do ought at the moment.
    So sorry to hear you got Covid Coxy, hope you get over it quickly and in time to carry on with your plans.
    I have almost finished part 2 of the SAL and about to start 3. Some people have finished already and it only arrived last week! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback