IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking Stansted Mcdonalds

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 January 2022 at 9:01AM
    Options
    TRIO74 said:
    Hi All. I have received confirmation that they have rejected my appeal and that they expect me to pay the amount or they will instruct debt recovery agents.

Can you please advise what my next course of action is?

Your support is gratefully received.

The strong complaint to McDonald's , plan A , as already mentioned previously

That is the only way to get rid of this , plan A , the landowner complaint , especially if it's not McDonald's or Starbucks , but say BP for example ( there is no magic bullet , just strong complaints , especially as Joe Lycett exposed the sc#m )

Otherwise there is nothing else to be done , unless you receive a formal LBC or a court claim pack from the CCBC in Northampton

This is why you should not have ignored the first PCN , action can work , lethargy dies not work

So back to plan A , complain bitterly to the landowner , ASAP

Also complain to your local MP , the one for your constituency
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 January 2022 at 9:34AM
    Options
    TRIO74 said:
    Hi All. I have received confirmation that they have rejected my appeal and that they expect me to pay the amount or they will instruct debt recovery agents.

I am helping someone with a MET ticket at another McDonalds.  This one is different because MET failed POFA. Waiting to see what excuse they will come back with
    They have been warned about debt collectors amd what will happen if it gets to the vermin rubbish is that MET get will get a first warning letter and be charges £25. Thereafter further harrassment will result in another letter to MET with a further £25 charge 
    This will continue and their debt will contine to rise.

MET at Stansted is a contrived scam ... one car park, one operator serving two outlets with an invisble line between the two, and predatory CCTV designed to trap people.
    If they don't want people to cross the line they should fence it off but they don't because it's  scam money earner

Joe Lycett proved the MET scam beyond doubt and the BPA should investigate the scam.
    That said, it is clear the BPA protect their scam members and they should be terminated
  • TRIO74
    TRIO74 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Redx said:
    TRIO74 said:

That is the only way to get rid of this , plan A , the landowner complaint , especially if it's not McDonald's or Starbucks , but say BP for example ( there is no magic bullet , just strong complaints , especially as Joe Lycett exposed the sc#m )

Otherwise there is nothing else to be done , unless you receive a formal LBC or a court claim pack from the CCBC in Northampton

This is why you should not have ignored the first PCN , action can work , lethargy dies not work

I have complained and contacted the landowner, but they say this is out of their control as this is managed by MET.

I only ignored the PCN as this is what i had read elsewhere. It is a minefield out there with information and not everyone knows
    to come here straight away.

Am i still in a strong position and apart from contacting MP etc, is there any action i need to take with MET or is ti now just a waiting game to see if they proceed with this.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 January 2022 at 9:59AM
    Options
    We have no idea if you are in a strong position

The landowner is jointly and severally liable because they or their managing agent employed MET

McDonald's may be correct , because they are probably tenants , hence why I said Landowner !! If you have contacted the landowner , who is it ?

If this isn't cancelled by McDonald's or the landowner , then apart from complaining to all and sundry you are awaiting a formal LBC or a court claim ( I did answer this question before you asked it )

I doubt that there is anything else you can take up with MET , they have made their position clear ,. No cancellation and pay up in full ! It adds to their profits , scams always do
  • patient_dream
    Options
    TRIO74 said:
    Redx said:
    TRIO74 said:

I have complained and contacted the landowner, but they say this is out of their control as this is managed by MET.

Such rubbish from the landowner ..... who is the boss here .. MET or the landowner ???

I would be telling the landowner about the MET scam at Stansted and if they do not cancel the scam charge that you will involve them in any court case. The landowner is responsible for the agent.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone actually taken a landowner to court wrt a paking matter.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • TRIO74
    TRIO74 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Again. So guess what turns up today through the post?

A letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking me to pay the parking charge of £170. 
    They have stated that i have until the 27th January to pay what is owed or they will
    recommend to their client that they take court action against me.

Apart from contacting the landowner (previous question asked me this and i mistakenly
    answered yes, as i had asked Starbucks and not the landowner) and even writing to
    my MP, is there any course of action to be taken, or do i wait for more letters from the 
    Debt Recovery company.

I apologise if i am a little nervous about this, it is the first time i have had anything like this
    and it is a little daunting receiving these letters.

Your help and advise is gratefully received as always.

• patient_dream
    Options
    TRIO74 said:
    Hi Again. So guess what turns up today through the post?

A letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking me to pay the parking charge of £170. 
    They have stated that i have until the 27th January to pay what is owed or they will
    recommend to their client that they take court action against me.

Apart from contacting the landowner (previous question asked me this and i mistakenly
    answered yes, as i had asked Starbucks and not the landowner) and even writing to
    my MP, is there any course of action to be taken, or do i wait for more letters from the 
    Debt Recovery company.

I apologise if i am a little nervous about this, it is the first time i have had anything like this
    and it is a little daunting receiving these letters.

Your help and advise is gratefully received as always.

DRP ???  The joke of the century. The fools cannot recommend court action is taken as it's not their debt .....
    This is just childish junk send out by a BPA member   JUST IGNORE THESE FOOLS

So, find out who the landowner is, it could be BP on that site. Tell the landowner about the MET scam and get it cancelled

PS: Don't be nervous, it's MET that should be nervous
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 January 2022 at 1:45PM
    Options
    Many of these questions have already been answered in the newbies. Have you really really read them?

These PCNs are invariably scams, nearly 9 million are issued eachy year.  There is nothing daunting about it.  Just remain firm, remain clam, and do some  reading,    
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 January 2022 at 2:42PM
    Options
    Just read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.  All normal crap to be ignored. 

There are also 2021 threads laughing at the new DRP letters and 'terminal notice'.  Hilarious photos of non-existent people. Reminds me of the stock fake photos people use on the TV show Catfish.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback