IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking Stansted Mcdonalds

Options
Hi there, i know you get so many of these and the fact that you offer up your time to help others is
incredible.

I have read the NEWBIE thread and it is a little confusing, so i just wanted to check a couple of points.

I received a NTK on he 4th Nov based on an incident dated 17th Oct. I was very confused at first and choose 
to ignore this, as i read that beacuse it is over the 14 days (i did not get a ticket on the car) they can't do anything anyway.

I have just received a PCN final reminder, telling me i have 14 days to pay £100 or they will issue further action.

So, i have seen the short blue template, which i assume is the first response from me (am i too late?), who do i
actually send this to? is it appeal www.appealmarketing.com

is there any other advice?

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Please read the newbies, other Met threads at these reastaurants, and complain to your MP if approprriate.   
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • TRIO74
    TRIO74 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i could only find ones that are a few years old. They also have stated in the latest letter that POPLA is no longer available.
  • D_P_Dance
    edited 16 December 2021 at 1:23PM
    Options
    i could only find ones that are a few years old. 

I am sure that I have seen more recent ones, have a look here,

https://www.google.com/search?q=macdonalds+parking+fine&oq=macdonalds+parking+fine&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i10l2j0i22i30j0i390l3.13289j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8..n

You have probably left it too late to appeal
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 March 2022 at 11:01PM
    Options
    TRIO74 said:
    i could only find ones that are a few years old. They also have stated in the latest letter that POPLA is no longer available.
    You should have appealed. Easy one to win but you are too late for POPLA now.  Send a late appeal using whatever email or page the NTK says on the back.

Remove the appeal template line about pay and display machines and replace it with the fact that the PCN was non POFA and so you are not liable as registered keeper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was very confused at first and choose 
    to ignore this, as i read that beacuse it is over the 14 days (i did not get a ticket on the car) they can't do anything anyway.
    Oh yes they can!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • D_P_Dance
    Options
    It is all explained in the newbies, please read them   Have you complained to your MP?
  • TRIO74
    Options
    Is this one good enough then, removing the part about pay and display?

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

When they come back with a rejection of my appeal, am i a bit stuffed as i cant go through POPLA?
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 December 2021 at 4:43PM
    Options
    They will reject, NO BIG DEAL, these are desperate times for scammers

But do watch this

Joe Lycett CHALLENGES Met Parking's Tickets at Confusing Car Parks at Stansted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_RcNM4SM0
  • TRIO74
    Options
    yes i watched that, very funny.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why didn't you add what I advised?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback