Eon Next Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've just put a reading in to find they have cleared out my £600 balance. I've not even had a bill yet!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    molerat said:
    Not happy with what I am having to pay as an ex Symbio customer but can't complain about the service.  Initially the account showed the tariff as pay on receipt of bill but contacted them and the billed use immediately changed to the correct amount.  Long wait for an actual bill but it was correct when it arrived.  Submitted my monthly read today as was usual with Symbio.  Correct amount was showing as a debit immediately and the bill came through about an hour or so later. Will continue with reads on last day of month and DD taken on first.
    Thanks to the Kraken which is now taking over from obsolete billing systems. Good Energy; E.on Next and, soon, EDF plus many other Octopus Energy partners/subsidiaries around the World. There are some very clever people working for Octopus.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    m0bov said:
    I've just put a reading in to find they have cleared out my £600 balance. I've not even had a bill yet!
    Duplicate post... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6323088/eon-next-cleared-out-my-credit/p1
  • eeel
    eeel Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ditto regarding smart meter.
  • eeel
    Options
    eeel said:
    Ditto regarding smart meter.
    What I meant to say was that the SMETS 1 smart meter apparently no longer works. 
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been on chat with Next, and have been advised it can take at least 8 weeks for smart meters to start working again following an internal switch.

So I gave manual readings and got an updated bill same day.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • Verdigris
    Verdigris Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Signed up for Eon Next, yesterday, on my new house as the deemed supplier. Perfectly straightforward, owing to Octopus's Kraken software. I just hope I don't have to deal with their customer services, if it is still like Old Eon.
  • Astria
    Astria Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Verdigris said:
    Signed up for Eon Next, yesterday, on my new house as the deemed supplier. Perfectly straightforward, owing to Octopus's Kraken software. I just hope I don't have to deal with their customer services, if it is still like Old Eon.

I've only spoken to Eon over chat and it was easy and straight-forward. They actually wanted to give me a partial refund on my credit balance, got them to just reduce my DD instead. Just wish they could set the DD to the bill amount each month rather than a fixed figure that always either goes into debit or credit but apparently that isn't possible yet (despite other providers already offering it...)
    But I do love the new billing system where you enter the readings and automatically get a bill rather than having to wait 6 months, first experienced that when I was with October and hated it when I left and went back to 6 month billing.

• eeel
    Options
    Sea_Shell said:
    I've been on chat with Next, and have been advised it can take at least 8 weeks for smart meters to start working again following an internal switch.

So I gave manual readings and got an updated bill same day.
    Noted, thank you. 
    I'm also and internal switcher and EoN Next advised me "We are working on establishing a connection with your meters and are looking to complete the project by the end of 2022".
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Astria said:
    But I do love the new billing system where you enter the readings and automatically get a bill rather than having to wait 
    That bit sort or works... but why am I still waiting for my DD to be applied as a credit 3 full working days after my bank sent it?
    Other suppliers I've been with could apply the DD to credit the account faster than this bunch...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback