We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Eon Next Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• MaxiRobriguez
    MaxiRobriguez Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 December 2021 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Forced switch from Igloo to Eon Next. I too have had a credit balance wiped out after inputting readings for the first time.

My day electricity reading on 3rd December was 5700 and I submitted that, and Eon turned a £250 in credit to a £95 debit instantly. Nearly £350, since Eon input an estimated reading for me on the 17th November - ie a little over two weeks ago, for day electricity, in a 3 bed semi...  :D

Turns out that "estimated" reading was 4400 odd, but my last submitted reading with Igloo was 5300. Eon have tried to claim I owe months of payments so this is just catching up but:
    1) Why is the reading so wrong?
    2) I built up a credit with Igloo because I was overpaying, every month.

So - I await the next comms from Eon but I am not happy that it currently looks like they are trying to pull a fast one, and given comment above it looks like I might not be the only one.

Any advice on getting what I feel is my money back if Eon refuse to accept there is a problem here please?
  • Brewer21
    Brewer21 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    I've been forced to go with Eon.Next, ex Igloo customer. Everything has moved over better than I expected except for, I haven't had a proper bill just money taken from my account supposedly to pay the first bill. Yep the figures are there in monetary terms but no gas or electric usage to tell what I've used, don't even know if I'm on their DD tariffs and no tariff rate. All I know is they said set up to a DD to get a lower price tariff, absolutely nothing to tell me what tariff I'm paying.
    Now emailed them and the reply was, the bill breakdown is on the second page of the email, I haven't had an email containing my bill info. Yep I've had a speedy reply, 1st email sent another and it seems I've been ignored now.
    Having said all this, my credit balance has been transferred from Igloo, I've paid my final bill for Igloo now I'm in credit after paying my first bill and them getting my first DD payment. So no all bad news, just can't seem to find my bill for the first payment taken.🙄
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 December 2021 at 9:32AM
    Options
    (copied over from another E.on thread...we were already with them, and being migrated to Next)

11/11/21
    Our account has now moved, new log on created.
    Account appears to be in order, and as expected.
    We'll just wait and see if the smart meter sends it's readings at the end of the month, and when the first new bill is available.

01/12/21
    Well, our smart meter didn't send the readings as it previously did, on the 24th of each month.   So today I have submitted manual meter readings which will hopefully trigger a bill.
    Just now have to wait and see when (and if) the meter springs back into life.  The IHD is working fine.

4/12/21
    After submitting my manual readings on 1st December, my on-line account now shows a debit (dated 30/11), for Gas only, of £50 (correct), along with a credit of the DD for the 1st.    No mention of the Electricity and no bill has been triggered yet.
    Will watch and wait!

7/12/21
    Still no bill, and the Electric still hasn't registered a debit.

I've put this here mainly as info for others, rather than as a "complaint" as I know exactly what our usage is, and what our bill will be when it's finally raised, so I shouldn't get any nasty surprises!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.57% of current retirement "pot" (as at end May 2024)
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    coupleuk said:

FORCED SWITCH due to Symbio going under - 4 electric only accounts

• Did your switch go smoothly??
    It took around 6 weeks with hardly any communication.
    They also put us on a non DD tariff and despite updating our DD on the first day possible with the promise of lower rates, we are still on the higher non-DD rates.
    • Is it easy to contact?
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to contact them
    • Future Plans?
    I will be moving from them ASAP once the market has stabilised as I don't trust them based on the first 8 weeks.

I too was a Symbio customer.
    Although it has taken six weeks all the communications and instructions have been clear.

I also updated my DD at the earliest opportunity but saw a post on MSE about customers using twitter/facebook getting the DD tariff backdated. I don't use social media to communicate with utilities suppliers so I emailed hi@eonnext.com and asked if my DD tariff could be backdated like the twitter/facebook customers.

Eonnext replied on the next working day:

"As you have started your direct debit before the cut off date, you will be placed on the next flex DD tariff, and this will be back dated to when we had taken over supply."

Fair enough.
  • Brewer21
    Options
    Eonnext replied on the next working day:

"As you have started your direct debit before the cut off date, you will be placed on the next flex DD tariff, and this will be back dated to when we had taken over supply."

I fired off a similar email today asking to be put on the DD rate as working my bill out I'm not on that rate. 
    Good to know though that you got that reply.👍
  • Van_Girl
    Van_Girl Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What is the Next Flex DD Tariff? Mine is showing as below;

Electricity

Next Flex

23.17 p/kWh 28.04 p/day

(All rates inc. VAT)

£12k in 24 #14 £5441.48/£19k 23 #14 £17,195.80/£18k 22 #20 £23,024.86/£23k
      Debt Free January 2021
    • bristolleedsfan
      Options
      Van_Girl said:

Electricity

Next Flex

23.17 p/kWh 28.04 p/day

(All rates inc. VAT)

That is not direct debit rates
    • Van_Girl
      Van_Girl Posts: 373 Forumite
      First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
      Options
      Van_Girl said:

Electricity

Next Flex

23.17 p/kWh 28.04 p/day

(All rates inc. VAT)

That is not direct debit rates
      Thanks, I emailed them and they've already emailed back to say they will backdate :)
      £12k in 24 #14 £5441.48/£19k 23 #14 £17,195.80/£18k 22 #20 £23,024.86/£23k
        Debt Free January 2021
      • Brewer21
        edited 7 December 2021 at 9:41PM
        Options
        Latest DD tariff I have for Next Flex is ...

Elec  20.316p S/C 23.770p

Gas 3.987p S/C 26.123p

Is this correct?
      • [Deleted User]
        [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
        edited 7 December 2021 at 9:46PM
        Options
        Brewer21 said:
        Latest DD tariff I have for Next Flex is ...

Elec  20.316p S/C 23.770p

Gas 3.987p S/C 26.123p

Is this correct?
        These look similar to the rates for the NE.  Type in your postcode and you will see the current DD rates for your area.

https://www.eonnext.com/tariff-search
      Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
      • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
      • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
      • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
      • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
      • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
      • 173.6K Life & Family
      • 249K Travel & Transport
      • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure